FORUM SPONSORS > Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

When unicorns fly…

(1/4) > >>

Ka Honu:
Well not really a unicorn, just five-pound bone-in pork loin roast and an uncooperative camera. And not really flying, just suspended from the rebar in the PBC.

Brined overnight. I considered stuffing but I'm not yet familiar enough with the PBC to go there so I threw on a bunch homemade rub (mustard, olive oil, Creole seasoning, thyme, rosemary & garlic) and tied it up (the meatcutter had done some kind of "make it easy to separate into chops" thing) .

"Launched" it over the coals and sat back.  It occurred to me that I hadn't seen anyone use a remote thermometer in the PBC. Doesn't mean no one has, just means I hadn't seen it.  I wondered if there was a reason (like disturbing some "mysterious balance" in the built-in air flow) so I threaded my Maverick through the rebar holes to see what would happen.  Seems to have worked out fine.

Came up to 150° IT in a little over two hours.  Rested for 20 minutes and plated with stir-fried green beans & mushrooms.

The only photos that came out at all…

According to SWMBO and our guests it was moist, tender, tasty - another PBC success (except for the part about not getting the camera to work - I'll try again with a brisket sometime soon)!

Pam Gould:
Wow..looks good and juicy to me. Kinda likeing that thing are ya?  Glad you got it. Enjoy. Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ

sliding_billy:
Looks good from here.

TentHunteR:

--- Quote from: Ka Honu on October 15, 2013, 03:08:47 AM ---Well not really a unicorn, just five-pound bone-in pork loin roast and an uncooperative camera. And not really flying, just suspended from the rebar in the PBC.
--- End quote ---

Hey, close enough for government work! ;)  Mmmmmmm... Flying unicorn looks mighty tasty.

teesquare:
Looks great to me Ka!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version