FORUM SPONSORS > Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Finally pulled the trigger

<< < (3/4) > >>

Pappymn:
Congrats!

muebe:

--- Quote from: Ka Honu on November 01, 2013, 03:15:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: grossie on November 01, 2013, 01:52:53 PM ---So, here's the logical follow up...Thanksgiving turkey...TBE or PBC?
--- End quote ---

Tough call.  I've done both and wouldn't want to choose.  I'd opt to cook one of each so the problem disappears.

--- End quote ---

The Turtle is very wise!

Congrats on the PBC and you won't be disappointed ;)

Hub:
I love my PBC!  It is so simple and almost foolproof AND imparts a great charcoal flavor.  For medium-time cooks like chicken and ribs it'll do a great job with minimum muss and fuss.  Plus, we've got a good sized batch of PBC drivers here who keep posting new ideas and results!

Hub

teesquare:
Another vote for the PBC. I own an SRG , and the PBC...

The additional charcoal flavor would be my reason for cooking any poultry int he PBC as my first choice. I like the speed of cook in the SRG - but it is gas fired.

PBC - 100 times out of 100 if I am not in a hurry, and I want true charcoal fired, "pit" flavor.

HighOnSmoke:
I don't own a PBC yet.  And I use the word YET real loosely since the more I read about
it and after seeing what it can do in posts and in person at the Gathering I am really really
leaning towards picking it up to go along side my 2 Webers and 2 pellet grills.  If I don't get
it before Thanksgiving then I will be doing our turkey on my WSM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version