FORUM SPONSORS > Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Second Cook/First Butt/Bark Advice Requested

<< < (2/3) > >>

grossie:
I must have done something wrong, its finishing in the oven now. The only thing I can think that of is that the basket wasn't quite full, possibly. Although, if it wasn't, it was awful close. And it was about 32 degrees outside most of the night.

sliding_billy:
How many lbs was the butt?  What was your pit temp?

grossie:
The butt was 8 3/4 lbs.
Not sure of the pit temp. Was trying to just follow the directions from the video.
It may have worked out OK. Now, I'm just going to take it to work in a cooler and pull it there. At least I don't need to re-heat it. I'll let you know how it tastes, that's the most important part.   :)

sliding_billy:
That definitely is a long cook.  I though maybe you got a 12 lb butt or something in which case a good stall could have led to that length cook.  Might have just been a temperamental piece of meat.  I have see butts stall like nobody's business.  Probably not running quite hot enough though.

grossie:
It was a big hit at work (so were the Armadillo Balls that CinRedMan brought - I can vouch for those, they were tasty).
I would say the smoke penetration was amazing, but I've only done gas and electric in the past, so any red from the smoke would be an improvement. :-)

Very happy with the end result, I just need to figure out if I can improve the amount of time it took. If not, I'm about the same as the Cajun Injector electric and the BEESR.

Wow, I knew I would forget to take pictures of the end result. Damn!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version