Author Topic: YO Sparky!!  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Tenpoint5

YO Sparky!!
« Reply #-1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:06:28 AM »
I was driving home from work Friday night. When I get this call from my buddy. "Hey we butchered hogs today, you want some ribs?" You know the answer to that question. So Saturday morning I pulled the membrane off the inside of the ribs. Coated the ribs with some rub and fired up the Traeger at 225.

After about 4 1/2 hours this is what came in the house.

Now these kids of mine they hammered these ribs so fast. The smoker wasn't even cooled off in 41 degree weather and the ribs was gone!!

Just goes to show you there SPARKY my friend. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING, YOU DON'T NEED NO STINKING BUTTER AND HONEY!!!! Also there was NO FOIL harmed in the making of these ribs!!  ;D ;D

Disclaimer:
For those that don't know this is just a friendly jousting match between Sparky and myself. Been going for a while. IT IS ALL IN FUN!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: YO Sparky!!
« on: December 01, 2013, 11:37:27 AM »

Just goes to show you there SPARKY my friend. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING, YOU DON'T NEED NO STINKING BUTTER AND HONEY!!!! Also there was NO FOIL harmed in the making of these ribs!!  ;D ;D

Disclaimer:
For those that don't know this is just a friendly jousting match between Sparky and myself. Been going for a while. IT IS ALL IN FUN!!

ya know it was my b'day yesterday and now you through this outstanding looking ribs in my face.  sham, sham.....  if ya would have put those in foil they would have been more tender.  if you want I can teach ya how to make a proper rib buddy.  lol....  I might have to go get some and show ya, one more time how to do it.  shez, louise.   ???

disclaimer:  no one get your panties in a bunch.  me and TP5 are good friends.  have been since the Bradley forum.  he just hasn't learned how to make a good rib.  I'm still teaching him. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Tenpoint5

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:47:10 AM »
If I would have used foil on these. I would have lost the hard candy coating the rub created on the ribs. These ribs didn't need to be any more tender. Bite and no pulling needed, unless you was trying to get the flavoring off the inside of the bone! I think the main reason is these were fresh from the farm. They didn't have any extra crap injected into them by the packing house to give them more weight. They didn't pull back from the bone either, but started to crack and fall apart when I picked them up with the tongs.

This was my Birthday present to you. Learning you how to make ribs like a big boy!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:55:15 AM »
If I would have used foil on these. I would have lost the hard candy coating the rub created on the ribs.  Bite and no pulling needed, unless you was trying to get the flavoring off the inside of the bone! I think the main reason is these were fresh from the farm.  They didn't pull back from the bone either, but started to crack and fall apart when I picked them up with the tongs.

This was my Birthday present to you. Learning you how to make ribs like a big boy!!

love the hard coating candy on ribs.  yours looked very good.  I did notice no pull back.  you said 225 for 4 1/2.  I wouldn't think they would be done but the bowl of bones says otherwise. 

T, T.  TP5 is picking on me.  learning how to make ribs like the big boys.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline RAD

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »
I bet they were real fresh tasting. I wish I had friends that called me to get some fresh ribs.
Love to cook and eat

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 01:51:30 PM »
If I would have used foil on these. I would have lost the hard candy coating the rub created on the ribs.  Bite and no pulling needed, unless you was trying to get the flavoring off the inside of the bone! I think the main reason is these were fresh from the farm.  They didn't pull back from the bone either, but started to crack and fall apart when I picked them up with the tongs.

love the hard coating candy on ribs.  yours looked very good.  I did notice no pull back.  you said 225 for 4 1/2.  I wouldn't think they would be done but the bowl of bones says otherwise. 

O.K. you 2!!!! If you keep this up - I am going to fine you each 1 rack of ribs. I can forward my address to you both... :D :D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 02:39:07 PM »
Gonna share T :(
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 02:54:51 PM »

O.K. you 2!!!! If you keep this up - I am going to fine you each 1 rack of ribs. I can forward my address to you both... :D :D :D :D

Don't forget about your moderators  ;) ;)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »
Chris looks like your ribs are getting better... :P

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »
And don't forget the rest of your friends!  ;)
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »
With results like this we need more fights here.  I will learning even more.  ;D  Ribs look good.  Might have to try a rack without foil.  Don't know if I have ever tried it.  Went straight to the master and been doing sparky ribs ever since. 
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline Tenpoint5

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »
With results like this we need more fights here.  I will learning even more.  ;D  Ribs look good.  Might have to try a rack without foil.  Don't know if I have ever tried it.  Went straight to the master and been doing sparky ribs ever since.
I wouldn't say the master you just went with what was working at the time. There is always another way. sometimes it's even a better way to go

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »
Man those look great, wish I could cook  :( but it's gonna be sometime before I get the chance
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »
I wouldn't say the master you just went with what was working at the time. There is always another way. sometimes it's even a better way to go

AND>…

A lot of it is based on personal preference…what "style" of ribs you like.  Wet - or dry….
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 10:02:21 AM »
Nice looking bones.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS