Author Topic: Chocolate Chip Cookies  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Chocolate Chip Cookies
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 08:30:30 AM »
Veryold..I find that it depends on the fat that you are using. Oil really flattens them out. Butter and shortening do much better for a plumper cookie. You can add a lil more flour, that helps..but not a lot of flour. Depends on the cookie. I also add mashed potato flakes as a thickener too. You don't taste the potatoes, and no one doesn't like potatoes. Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline pz

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 10:49:39 AM »
Veryold..I find that it depends on the fat that you are using. Oil really flattens them out. Butter and shortening do much better for a plumper cookie. You can add a lil more flour, that helps..but not a lot of flour. Depends on the cookie. I also add mashed potato flakes as a thickener too. You don't taste the potatoes, and no one doesn't like potatoes. Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི

Pam is spot on. We like Toll House recipe and have tried different fats. Butter has always resulted in the best texture

Offline jboo70

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 02:39:36 AM »
We use this recipe religiously.  The best thing is that you can use a slew of different flavored puddings.  We have used: cheesecake, banana, vanilla, butterscotch etc....  Cook at 350 for 10 min and you will win every time.  Love them LOVE THEM love them.