Author Topic: Got My Smoked Fish Done For Christmas  (Read 1759 times)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
Re: Got My Smoked Fish Done For Christmas
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 03:50:51 PM »
Don't mean to highjack your post smokendevo ... I apologize but just one more photo for Kat  :) ... seriously, you still have my address - Right!!  :D  :D Gotta do me some salmon now.

Thanks for sharing, Pete!  Gosh those pics bring back some memories!!  I used to live in Homer--  we lived up on a hill out Eastend Road, and had the Spit as the view from our front porch!  What a life!! :)    I have spent COUNTLESS hours as a kid fishing for salmon in that fishing hole nearby the Salty Dog, so it was pretty exciting getting to go back as an adult when I could finally go inside!!  If you ever want some real excitement-- check out the fishing hole on the first day of snagging season--  it's PACKED, like 3 or 4 people deep all the way around.  Sit back with a nice cold brew and make bets of how many people get snagged instead of fish! :)

I think I know the fishing hole you're talking about Kat ... Is this it?

MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »
Awesome looking salmon!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 05:19:55 PM »
Yes, Pete!!!!!    Oh that just warmed my heart so much!   Thank you!!  :)  The best spot was at the little inlet on the right where the tide would come in and bring fresh hungry salmon.   It really is just a sight to behold when snagging season opens.  It's appropriately called "combat fishing". 

And sorry, too, smokendevo for detracting from your fab fish--  your food just evoked such great memories!! :) 
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 06:52:04 PM »
OK guy,s you just have to bring me for free for next time you go...   HEHEHEHE   love the picks