Author Topic: Bread Machine Bread  (Read 3204 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Bread Machine Bread
« Reply #-1 on: January 08, 2014, 02:39:39 AM »
Jan 07 2014

This was the second day of the bitter cold; about -11 when we got up this am. It warmed up to 8 deg. this afternoon. It was forecast to 6 deg. tonight but just checked at mid-night and it is 10 deg. Maybe the cold is starting to leave, supposed to get above 20 tomorrow. I was only outside about 10 min. today to clean some blown snow off the walk and drive.

We were having some leftovers for supper tonight. Some good bread and butter would be good but I had run out of bread. I drug out the bread machine from the garage. I have not used it for a few years.
The first one came out in 1986 and I probably bought mine about 1990 a Hitachi.

I baked a lot of bread the first few years; buying cookbooks for bread machines. I experimented with all types of bread.  I never had great luck with dark or heavy breads. A basic white came out the best; but I could never get hard crusted bread that I like.

Then a general store opened in Lima, OH and made a variety of great bread at a good cost. I could go by there on my way home from work and get bread. They closed about 5 years ago and I missed the bread.
I found the no-knead bread recipe you did in a cast iron Dutch oven that was popular. I liked it but then our local Wal-Mart started carrying some take home and bake bread that was pretty good. Now they are even carrying their own hard crusted bread. Getting older I keep looking more and more for easy shortcuts instead of always making my own sides and breads.

I picked garlic infused olive oil bread to do today. It turned out good but could have had a little darker crust. The light setting was always best for white bread but maybe because of the olive oil I should use the medium setting.

The bread and butter was great with supper. I could not taste much garlic flavor but my wife said she could. We like the Troyer roll butter and use it for eating. I use regular butter for cooking.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Bread Machine Bread
« on: January 08, 2014, 02:56:43 AM »
That looks real tasty.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Wing Commander

• Visit my BBQ-Blog!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 03:02:43 AM »
What's better than homemade and fresh baked bread with butter? I love it!

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 03:31:02 AM »
Don..looks good to me. I would eat that. I make rye bread regularly in my machine..Only take 59 minutes per loaf. A lot of the time I just use the dough cycle and put the bread in a loaf pan and bake it in the oven. 350º for about half an hour to 210º. If you spray it with a squirt bottle you can get a crustier outside. I free form French breads, make rolls and boule's. I have 2 machines..won't get rid of the old one tho.
I have a recipe for a carrot bread that came with my 1st bread machine that makes killer French toast. I'm on my 3rd machine.
 Pam   ☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 03:58:57 AM »
Love fresh homemade bread with butter and strawberry jam!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Bread Machine Bread
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 06:32:16 AM »
Homemade bread is the best. That one looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 08:27:22 AM »
I can smell the smell of the bread all the way here .
you can't put fresh bread and butter in the same room . they will finish each other.
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 08:28:53 AM »
Don there is nothing lie fresh bread even if from a machine ;)

I mainly use my bread machine to make pizza dough. Makes good dough and is easy... And I like easy :)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline pz

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »
Nothing like keeping it simple. Bread and butter. I too like the unsalted kind which allows pure butter goodness to shine.

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »
Don..looks good to me. I would eat that. I make rye bread regularly in my machine..Only take 59 minutes per loaf. A lot of the time I just use the dough cycle and put the bread in a loaf pan and bake it in the oven. 350º for about half an hour to 210º. If you spray it with a squirt bottle you can get a crustier outside. I free form French breads, make rolls and boule's. I have 2 machines..won't get rid of the old one tho.
I have a recipe for a carrot bread that came with my 1st bread machine that makes killer French toast. I'm on my 3rd machine.
 Pam   ☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི
I do like you Pam,use the bread machine to do the mixing.I got some Lodge cast iron bread pans,they are awesome!Just use bread machine cooking when feelin lazy or busy,oven so much better loaves IMHO only

Don,another nice job,Im with ya,nothing but nothing better than fresh hot bread!

I like to add a tablespoon or so of homemade onion powder to bread,its very good.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:04:28 PM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »
 Pam   ☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི
I do like you Pam,use the bread machine to do the mixing.I got some Lodge cast iron bread pans,they are awesome!Just use bread machine cooking when feelin lazy or busy,oven so much better loaves IMHO only

Don,another nice job,Im with ya,nothing but nothing better than fresh hot bread!

I like to add a tablespoon or so of homemade onion powder to bread,its very good.
If ya wanna kick it up some more..put some gahhlick in your pizza dough..OMG is it good.  Pam   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 10:12:02 PM »
 Pam   ☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི

If ya wanna kick it up some more..put some gahhlick in your pizza dough..OMG is it good.  Pam   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
HeeHeee.....already do that! Looking at your posts Pam we cook very much alike.Put garlic in bread too,and dried cilantro,and onion flakes.

I love to make pizza too.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.