Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Burn it in the Back Yard with Hub!

Different Worlds Can Sometimes Collide

<< < (3/3)

pz:
Excellent read, Hub - tolerance is a virtue of the wise man

--- Quote from: sliding_billy on January 16, 2014, 11:35:27 AM ---Thanks Hub.  That was a well needed chuckle.  I was watching 'Rachael Vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off' the other day, and Florence Henderson (one of the contestants this season) dropped some ribs in a big old pot to par boil them before grilling.  My son yells across the room... "don't start swearing at the TV."  I held my tongue, but then the judges praised the ribs for texture and taste.  I had enough, and I dropped a couple of 4 letter words.  My kids were just laughing at me because they knew it was coming.  Sorry kids!

--- End quote ---

I saw the same episode and told my wife that Flo was going to be chopped for committing a sin like that.  I was shocked that she wasn't and instantly decreased my opinion of the "professionals" by several orders of magnitude

TwoPockets:
Thanks for that article Hub. Last weekend my wife wanted ribs and I said I would get out my little smoker and make her some but she was in a hurry and told me to go down to  a very well known BBQ place about two miles from the house and get some. Now last year Alabama had a BBQ contest where all the best BBQ places in the state in 4 different regions competed against other and then it got down to 2 places and this place wound up finishing 2nd in the state. They even beat out Dreamland which is legendary for their ribs. While we have gone to this place often to get BBQ pork sandwiches and there are pretty good this was the first time we had ever gotten ribs there.

I bought a slab of ribs and a couple of sides at a hefty price and brought them home. They were awful. I had a couple of bones and I think she had one. We wound up throwing the rest away, which I have never done before. I am pretty sure they boiled them first then threw them in the pit to finish up. Nasty stuff. There is a reason I normally don't order ribs in a restaurant. Two days later we were in downtown Birmingham and she said she wanted to go to Dreamland and get some real ribs so we did. Not as good as mine but the best I have ever eaten in a restaurant. They have a BIG brick pit in the restaurant and you can watch the pit master while he cooks under a big neon sign that says "No Farting" and sit at an old style plywood booth and eat a slab of ribs on a paper plate with a plate of white bread and sauce with a roll of paper towels for napkins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version