Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Burn it in the Back Yard with Hub!

Different Worlds Can Sometimes Collide

<< < (2/3) > >>

CDN Smoker:
Enjoyed reading that Hub.

My boiled rib story. My friend who got me into smoking boiled his ribs. I was at the time trying many different ways to do ribs and I was killing them (not in a good way). I have been a member on a few sites and only banned on one, why I still don't know. This is my only home now ;D

Back to my story, my wife says to me why don't you do your ribs the way Murray does his and boil them. After a few times of hearing this I asked have you ever tasted Murray's ribs, she said no, I asked then how do you know they are better ???

My friend and I go back and forth but I have helped him a lot in getting a better rib.

Scallywag:
Good read Hub.. thanks! My wife also suggested I boil my ribs once like her mother used to do. Almost ended up in divorce... :P

bbqchef:
At one of the first restaurants I worked at the owner INSISTED I parboil the ribs with onions, carrots, celery, etc. (It was like making rib stew!) I tried to convince him that was not the way to make ribs be he was adamant.

The ribs were nasty... mushy, fall off the bone and absolutely no flavor... even when grilled and sauced for service.

(This is the same restaurant where the owner's wife insisted on adding commercial clam base to my scratch clam chowder.)

The restaurant closed a few months later!!

HighOnSmoke:
Great read Hub! Is this article going to be in next month's Bullsheet? I read the one for
January and you were talking about table captains. I do look forward to reading your
articles. Way before I started smoking and grilling my wife asked if I wanted ribs for
dinner. I said sure and then watched her boil them till almost tender and then throw them
into the oven with BBQ sauce. They were absolutely nasty! Of course I didn't say that out loud.
I did convince her to let me try them the next time on my smoker and since then she won't cook
or eat anything BBQ unless I cook it. I think she actually prefers the way they taste, I know I do!  ;)

muebe:
That was a great read Hub and really puts things into perspective ;)

Now back to soaking my ribs and boiling my wood chips 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version