Author Topic: I'm ready!! Now where the heck is Spring??  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: I'm ready!! Now where the heck is Spring??
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 04:44:22 PM »
Kat, I do that also, romaine, cabbage,lettuces all work, I just cut off ends, put them in water to start and in usually less than a week, tuff is growing. Pineapple too.  Pam ;*))
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
Re: I'm ready!! Now where the heck is Spring??
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 05:24:47 PM »
Pam-- really?  How interesting!  I'd heard of people making complicated fancy hydroponic gardens, but never realized that some things will grow in just plain old water without all the hooplah and equipment!  Just seems like magic to have something grow out of a part you normally just pitch in the compost!!    I'll have to try the lettuce-- but I don't think I have enough windowsill space for pineapple plants. :) 

Spuds-- it's still too soggy to plant our main garden area, (still needs to be tilled, and the tractor would sink!) but I've got a couple of raised beds I need to get going soon with at least some peas and kale.  We had some green onions and chives that have already popped up in there by their own accord from last year, so I'll have to work around those while I'm puddling around.  My tomato and pepper seed starts are looking great so far, so I'm hopeful for them to take off well. 

I want to plant some more lavender plants this year too, those are my favorite fragrance flowers. 
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/