Author Topic: Brown Bagging My lunch  (Read 2142 times)

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
Brown Bagging My lunch
« Reply #-1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:04:14 AM »
So tomorrow its back to work and time to make up my lunch. Wanted to use the easy crusty cheese bread I just made yesterday so out it comes.

Cutting in half

Nice speckles of cheese through out

Layer of butter, Havarti slices & Tatonka Dust Roast Beef sliced very thin

Another layer of Havarti cheese and onions

More roast beef and give the other side a good squirt of dijon mustard

Put it all together

And you end up with lunch for tomorrow and maybe the next  :D

Offline hikerman

Re: Brown Bagging My lunch
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:10:16 AM »
Real nice sammich there!

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:21:53 AM »
Great looking sandwich.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »
My lunch sammie is no way near even being close to that beauty of a sammie  :(    Heck, I don't even have any chips  :'(    Can't eat good on this moderatin pay... ;)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 11:35:10 AM »
Great looking sammie!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 11:41:06 AM »
Looks great.. any more info on how to make that bread?
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 11:53:55 AM »

Thanks guys, the recipe came from one of the members from the Bradley site. Can't remember who exactly so I will PM the recipe to you as I don't remember who to give credit to and just in case its someone grandmothers recipe  ;D

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »

Thanks guys, the recipe came from one of the members from the Bradley site. Can't remember who exactly so I will PM the recipe to you as I don't remember who to give credit to and just in case its someone grandmothers recipe  ;D
Please do.. I want to make some!!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »
I'm thinking the folks you work with really don't like you much bringing in food like that all the time ;D

Years ago one one job I had, they had a central control room which was attached to the maintenance shop, Plant Managers, Engineers offices, etc

When on Day shift I would cook up a pound of bacon and the HVAC would take the smell every where. Lots of complaints and laughed hard ;D 
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 12:27:45 PM »
I'm thinking the folks you work with really don't like you much bringing in food like that all the time ;D

Years ago one one job I had, they had a central control room which was attached to the maintenance shop, Plant Managers, Engineers offices, etc

When on Day shift I would cook up a pound of bacon and the HVAC would take the smell every where. Lots of complaints and laughed hard ;D

That's always fun to do.  Before I retired I was working in an air traffic control facility, we were the maintenance shop located right next to the ATC room.  When I'd heat up my lunch, which usually consisted of things like gumbo, étouffée, and jambalya, the aroma would drift through the HVAC over into the ATC room.  Those poor controllers were going nuts trying to control air traffic with all that aroma in the air.   And since I had to work an early shift, had to be in by 0600, I'd do breakfast at work too, bacon in the convection oven was a hit also.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »
Now that is a sandwich!!! Nice!!! I would like the recipe for the bread too, thanks! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 12:33:16 PM »

I think it was originally SiFumar who is on here as well, it is the easiest and best bread recipe I have tried so far.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 01:05:45 PM »

I think it was originally SiFumar who is on here as well, it is the easiest and best bread recipe I have tried so far.

If we ask nicely maybe he would post it ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 02:11:29 PM »

If it is on the public forum - unless there is a notice that it cannot be copied and re-posted, please post it here. Give the site and the poster credit, and posting a link as a back up is perfectly fine.
But, we want to build the library of recipes on LTBBQ. That is why we are encouraging everyone to not just post a link.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »

If it is on the public forum - unless there is a notice that it cannot be copied and re-posted, please post it here. Give the site and the poster credit, and posting a link as a back up is perfectly fine.
But, we want to build the library of recipes on LTBBQ. That is why we are encouraging everyone to not just post a link.

Here is the original post from SiFumar on the Bradley Forum as best I can tell. I will post the recipe in the bakers corner section so that it can be found easily http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=31241.0