Welcome Center > Posting Photos & Videos

Need pic posting help

(1/2) > >>

nylic76:
I have posted pics on various forums for years with no problems, but this one has me stumped.  I can only get thumb nails to post which you then have to click to get a larger pic. How do I get a larger pic to post without the extra step of clicking the thumb nail.

Las Vegan Cajun:
Post the picture to another site, like Photobucket, and use the [ img ][ /img ] tags to the external link.

sliding_billy:
Like Cajun said, the easiest way to avoid the 2nd click is an external host.  Open the photo in Photobucket and click in the img box to the right.  That will copy the code that you need to paste into your message.

TentHunteR:
Picasa also has an option (down on the right side) you can click to "Link to this photo". But it's not as easy to use.

This trick will work with any of the hosting sites:

Step 1: Upload your photos to your photo account (PhotoBucket, Picasa, etc.)

Step 2:   When you're ready to post the picture...

Internet Explorer:  From your photo account (Photobucket, Picasa, etc.) "Right Click" on the photo you want to post, and click "Properties". Highlight the Address (URL), and "Copy" it.

FireFox: From your photo account (Photobucket, Picasa, etc.) "Right Click" on the photo you want to post, and click "Copy Image Location".

Step 3: Go back to your forum post, click the "Insert Image" button and "paste" the URL inside the IMG tags.

It will look something like this ►  [img]HTTP://Photo_URL_Goes_Here.jpg[/img]

When you click "preview" or "post" your image will show up.

nylic76:
Thanks guys, got it figured out with your help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version