Author Topic: Fluffy Scrambled Eggs  (Read 1141 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
« Reply #-1 on: March 22, 2014, 10:18:52 PM »
Over the years I've tried all kinds of different things to make scrambled eggs the way I like them to taste ...water, milk, sour cream  etc.  The best thing I have found is mayonaise. Just add some to the eggs when when you start scrambling them up and then add anything you normally do.   I usually add my stuff as the eggs start to gell. I also fine if I want cheese in my eggs it works better if I grated them on a microplane.  Just some thoughts you may want to try. 

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
Re: Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
« on: March 23, 2014, 06:41:36 AM »
Does anyone do three-minute eggs anymore? I remember have them years ago. There was a special egg thingie for serving them.
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 06:47:33 AM »
Thanks for the info Dee.  Will have to give the mayo a try as that is the way I like my scrambled eggs.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 07:31:35 AM »
Does anyone do three-minute eggs anymore? I remember have them years ago. There was a special egg thingie for serving them.

yup i still do it , i got a small cup i bought in morocco for that  .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 08:35:44 AM »
Here's a couple tricks from America's Test kitchen for fluffier scrambled eggs. They did a whole program on eggs and had more advice, but I found these two made the biggest difference.

They work in tandem:

►Contrary to popular belief DON'T use a whisk, and DON'T over-beat the eggs.  The popular belief is that lots of air whipped into the eggs will make them fluffier.  In truth, it breaks down the protein structure too much causing them collapse easier. Use a fork to just lightly beat the eggs

►Use a smaller diameter skillet. I forces the eggs & proteins to pile up (as long as you didn't over-beat them) and the steam created causes them to fluff as it tries to escape.  If only doing a couple scrambled eggs I now use a very small 5 1/2" diameter skillet.

Yes! :)  I especially love them if I'm feeling under the weather.  I do use an egg cup to eat them. I just scoop them out into a small bowl and eat  with some toast for dipping.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:16:18 PM by TentHunteR »
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 08:37:46 AM »
My son loves scrambled eggs. And one cooking appliance that makes really fluffy eggs is your microwave!

If your microwave has a omelette setting and is a sensor microwave it will make you some fluffy eggs.

I just spray a bowl with some cooking spray. Then add 4 eggs lightly beaten. Then hit that omelette setting and in about 4 1/2 minutes you will get some very fluffy eggs. ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 09:22:39 AM »
My son loves scrambled eggs. And one cooking appliance that makes really fluffy eggs is your microwave!

If your microwave has a omelette setting and is a sensor microwave it will make you some fluffy eggs.

I just spray a bowl with some cooking spray. Then add 4 eggs lightly beaten. Then hit that omelette setting and in about 4 1/2 minutes you will get some very fluffy eggs. ;)

You know I've got to try this now.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 11:35:21 AM »
Never tried mayo, but I know I would like it, because I like mayo on my scramble eggs sandwich.
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 12:27:54 PM »
I tried the mayo in my scrambles eggs this AM.  Pretty good, IMO.  I'll do it again. 

Art

Sometimes Dee is right on the money.  Sometimes.
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 12:31:06 PM »
I tried the mayo in my scrambles eggs this AM.  Pretty good, IMO.  I'll do it again. 

Art

Sometimes Dee is right on the money.  Sometimes.

Just like Dee's spot on camera work ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 02:02:25 PM »
Wish I seen this post earlier as I did eggs this morning and would have tried mayo, next time ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »
Don't miss my upcoming photo of my scrambled eggs...or have I already sent it?  Can't remember.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers