Author Topic: Bread Time  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Bread Time
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 04:41:39 AM »
Great looking bread SD.  Did you season the lid on your cloche?  Mine looks splotchy from some smattering of oil.
Hi Old Hickory..mine does the same thing but it should bake out, it doesn't affect the flavor so not to worry.  Pam   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 06:46:53 AM »
Thanks everyone. Anything I cook/bake i have learnt it from you guys.

Great looking bread SD.  Did you season the lid on your cloche?  Mine looks splotchy from some smattering of oil.
I only spray the inside top and bottom with pam spray. I figure at least one more time and i shouldn't have to any more. This time I really did not have to clean the cloche. There was nothing left inside to clean.

Was that a white bread yeast dough,or no knead?

I have a sweet bread starter from a member here and the bradley site. (Sonny) It is not a sour dough starter but a sweet bread starter. The recipe is very simple and requires little kneading. I would post the recipe but I am at work and don't have access to it right now

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 11:34:39 AM »
Here is the recipe I follow for my bread & buns

RECIPE BY Classicrockgriller

Sweet yeast bread

The ingredients for the dough are: 1 1/2 cup of warm water, 1 ts of salt, 1/2 cup of corn oil,

1/2 cup of sugar, and 6 to 7 cups of bread flour. (I got tired of measuring flour by cups so I

coverted it to weight and I used 2lbs)

Grease your mixing bowl and dump the starter in it. (approx two cups of starter)

Take your warm water and put it in the bowl that held the starter and swirl it around to get

the rest of the starter and dump it in the mixer.

Pour in your corn oil

Pour in your sugar and salt

Gice it a quick stir with and big spoon and start adding your flour. I stir by hand till

all the flour is wet.

This will keep flour from flying out of your bowl when you turn on your mixer. Start your

mixer on slow and gradually increase your speed till everything from the sides and bottom

are mixed in.

Get a clean bowland grease it down.

Plop your dough into the greased bowl.

Let it rest for a bit and then flip it over.

Place your bowl in your draft free area and cover it. It needs to set till it is about double in size. (2 to 4 hrs)

Kneading the Bread

Again, I am not a Baker but this is what I do and it works for me and this bread. To control my

mess I knead on a 1/2 sheet pan. I pour the risen dough on to a lightly flour sheet.

I cut it in half and work with half at a time. I put one half back in the bowl.

I then pull the dough width wise.

I press the dough down with the palms of my hand trying to maintain the square shape.

I fold one end over about 1/3 and press that down again.

I roll over the bottom to the top, lightly press it and I am ready to put my dough in baking pans.

Baking your Bread

All ovens are different so you may need to adjust your times depending on how your oven bakes.

Pre-heat your oven to 350*. I bake my rolls separate from the bread because I use a different time

for the two. Rolls are approx 24 to 26 minutes and loafs are 28 to 30 minutes. Adjust the time to

fit your oven and wants.

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 06:45:37 PM »
Thanks Smokendevo ,appreciated and filed for future breads.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Old Hickory

• Creston, Ca. Member #52
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 05:31:31 PM »
Thanks Pam and SD.  That cloche sure helps me make some good bread, ,,,,,,,,,,, and I'm having fun .
Char-broil SRG
Bradley 4DS w/ dual elem mod, PID
Charmglow 5 burner pgg w/rotisserie
Weber Kettle w/rotisserie
Pit Barrel Cooker
Cuisinart TOF-60