Author Topic: Wings are gone...  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Jaxon

Wings are gone...
« Reply #-1 on: May 28, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »
Hey Y'all,
I don't hang out here much since I'm a member of the CharBroil Forum, but I wanted to share a cook I did Saturday.  I didn't take pics because I didn't think about posting.
My wife put in that she wanted some deep-fried wings for supper.  I pulled out the electric deep fryer that has Emeril's name on it and got it ready to go.

For the wings, I spread 'em out and sprayed 'em with that canola spray you can find at Sam's.  Then I gave 'em a liberal coating of Mo' Rockin' Chicken rub and sprayed 'em again.  I let 'em sit in that while I got the fryer hot.  Whilst the wings were still quite wet, I put 'em in a gallon bag with some Mies Breading and shook 'em till they were well coated.  I took 'em out and shook off the excess breading and out 'em on a rack to let 'em get happy with the breading.  The fryer was set at 355 when I put 'em in about 10 at the time...letting them cook for almost 10 minutes.  As they browned a bit, I took 'em out and put 'em on a wire rack to drain.  When I turned around, they were gone.  Nobody seemed to know what happened to 'em.

I'll tell you this...the Mies Breading on wings that have been well treated with Mo Rockin Rub and deep fried will make you and anybody close by to you real happy.

I know we're supposed to cook wings in a you-know-what, but sometimes deep-fried is just Mo Better.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Wings are gone...
« on: May 28, 2012, 05:42:38 PM »
Jack must have used Dee's camera  ;D

You ought hang out here as well as SOTG Jack  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 06:31:45 PM »

You ought hang out here as well as SOTG Jack  :)

I don't post very much on SOTG.  May get to hang out here some if I don't get the boot.

<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 06:37:21 PM »
Hang around, it is nice here! We are not brand specific. No resident experts.

No pics though...ya might not get the boot, but Smoochy will you the Hairy Eyeball  ;D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 06:53:46 PM »
Jack thanks for posting that! It will give us all some additional ideas I am sure!

Heck - the only you will get the boot here is if you want o show us how to cook one and make it palatable  ;D THEN you will have guys SENDING you some boots! :o ::) ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Wings are gone...
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »
Ok, ok, since I'm a noob here and because everyone always says there is no such thing as a stupid question; what is SOTG stand for. ;D take it easy on me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 10:05:16 PM »
It is Sizzle On THe Grill...A web forum sponsored by Char Broil. We share a lot of members with them ;D. Good bunch -
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Wings are gone...
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »
It is Sizzle On THe Grill...A web forum sponsored by Char Broil. We share a lot of members with them ;D. Good bunch -
DUHHH!!  I actually joined there a while back but don't visit anymore cause they don't have access thru tapatalk. Or At least they didn't. I asked I believe his name is CB and he told me he didn't know if they would get access thru tapatalk.  I would have to go back and look at the pm I sent him. 
Edit:  he said, "that it's been on the bubble for more than a year as the powers that be determine which system to switch to. Out of my hands..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:57:13 AM by mikecorn.1 »
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker