Author Topic: Rabbits  (Read 894 times)

Offline Smokin Soon

Re: Rabbits
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 08:01:02 PM »
Those high powered pellet guns are great BUT they can be as loud as a 22.

If you wanted to take baby steps, get an old school pellet rifle, multiple pumps. Sometimes a good butt shot to a few will get the word out, this is not the place to be. I use one on Feral Cats. 3 pumps makes one do double backflip with no harm. They get the clue. If that does not get the message across, Pump it up!!!!
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 08:10:39 PM »
Five years ago my daughter and son-in-law bought a house just on the edge of town. They did lots of yard work and planted cedar trees from walmart. They guaranteed the trees would not die so every year when the deer come and strip them down, Mike my son in law just goes and gets new ones  ;D.
Now this year my daughter decided to plant a new garden of flowers. It was going to be cold that night so she planned on coveing them up for the night so frost would not get them.......she didn't figure on the deer having their veggies  :o

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 01:30:32 AM »
I have a small lot in a city. I have been fighting rabbits for years. All winter long they chew on my bushes, all summer long they chew on my plants.

Just spent 10 minutes watching 6 of them scamper and play in my yard and my neighbors.  SIX OF THEM.

The live trap is coming out tomorrow. I don't have an appropriate gun to shoot them. Plus I am pretty sure in Minnesota they have more rights then I do ???

Any deterrents that you have used that you can recommend?

Only good rabbit is a dead rabbit.  :(

Hey Pappy,

You probably "met" Roscoe when you came by a few months ago. He is about 18 months old - a mix of shepherd, lab, pug and huskie. He is about 75 pounds and all bark.... We used to have a rabbit family living under our deck... a real problem... no longer...  ;D ;) ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #