Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Burn it in the Back Yard with Hub!

PIG CANDY HERESY!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hub:

--- Quote from: sliding_billy on June 03, 2014, 01:19:46 PM ---  I do have a question... why not hybrid the two methods together and use the lines sheet pan in an outdoor cooker?  I can only spek for myself, but if I put a batch of pig candy in the oven SWMBO would K-I-L-L me.

--- End quote ---

I don't get any significant grease coat on the oven for some reason, and the next run of the cleaning cycle takes care of what little there may be  ;D

Hub

CDN Smoker:
I'd be a dead man also if I tried that in the kitchen :(

But thanks for posting I think this is something to try come fall, bookmarked ;D

sliding_billy:

--- Quote from: Hub on June 03, 2014, 01:35:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: sliding_billy on June 03, 2014, 01:19:46 PM ---  I do have a question... why not hybrid the two methods together and use the lines sheet pan in an outdoor cooker?  I can only spek for myself, but if I put a batch of pig candy in the oven SWMBO would K-I-L-L me.

--- End quote ---

I don't get any significant grease coat on the oven for some reason, and the next run of the cleaning cycle takes care of what little there may be  ;D

Hub

--- End quote ---

Maybe I'll try it when she isn't home.  :D

TwoPockets:
Hub, they will just have to burn me at the same stake. I also do my pig candy in the oven, it is just so much easier. I have a couple of LEM jerky pans with the wire racks that I use. Line the bottom of the pan with foil, coat the bacon with Super Pig, get the oven up to temp, put it in and forget it till done. Plus it makes the house smell so GOOD!  I turned several friends onto pig candy at some football watching parties and they went nuts about it.

ACW3:
Once your wife tastes the chocolate dipped SP bacon, you'll be asked to make more.  I put some out at a party a while back.  It did not last long.  Everyone wants more!  Now I am asked if I will be serving it at my parties.

Art

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version