Author Topic: muebe made me do it.....  (Read 1458 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: muebe made me do it.....
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 08:23:12 AM »
Turkey Roaster oven?

Yep...I have one coming that is 22 qt. capacity.

There are very few gadgets that I don't see and want to buy.  The Sous Vide falls in that category though.  I would prefer to live that experience vicariously through you all.  ADD and 24 hour cooks don't do well together.  ::)

When several folks started playing with Sous Vide - I watched quietly from the sidelines....Not convinced - but I did not want to be a "wet blanket"  so when my Dad bought  an Aqua Chef Sous Vide ( it is a converted/adapted deep fryer )...I borrowed it to finally try it. Again, unconvinced - but curious. After cooking my first meat in it - a 3 lb.+ ribeye roast ( prime rib) and finding that I was able to cook BETTER by using Sous Vide as a tool - along with cold smoking, and pan searing.
Chris - if you can find someone in your area that cooks Sous Vide - at least give it a try.
You will find that it is a superior method to help us obtain the "3 T's"  - Taste, Texture and Tendernesss. And - BTW...theat 3lb. 3.5 oz ribeye...? It only loss at total of 4.6 oz. from raw - until I cut it to serve. ;) When you can get the meat to hold moisture to that degree....it really can make a difference in the finished product.
Sous Vide is not a "do all" method. But...it is a great tool for adding to your skills.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401