Author Topic: A question to the juicers out there.  (Read 1968 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
A question to the juicers out there.
« Reply #-1 on: June 15, 2014, 10:32:31 AM »
My wife is looking for a juicer to buy. Need your opinions and suggestions for models. Thanks.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
Re: A question to the juicers out there.
« on: June 15, 2014, 11:30:27 AM »
Bought one 15 years ago, used it 3 times and got tired of cleaning it. Just collects dust now.  ;D

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 01:27:35 PM »
thats a real tough question,how much do you want to spend? You can get juice for 35 dollars up to several hundreds.Let me find you a good link,i have one somewhere.

Here you go....

http://www.all-about-juicing.com/best-juicer.html

We had one like the Jack LaLane that we used a bit off and on for years,when I went four a day it couldnt handle it,the plastic gear that spins the basket was old and brittle,..... Broke down late evening and I needed a juicer,NOW. Went to wally world and got a 39 dollar cheapo deluxe,and its everything you would expect in a cheap juicer,it is cheap.But it does make juice,but the pulp is still wet,your juice is literally going in the trash.BUT,it works.

I bet its only going to be good a few more months at 1 juicing a day of about 40 ounces.

I think I will go next with the machine Joe recommends,That should be good for a few years daily use.Around 150 dollars.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003R28HWQ/ref=smi_www_rcolv2_go_smi?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003R28HWQ&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&tag=rebootstore-20

Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
by Breville
1,867 customer reviews
| 207 answered questions
List Price:    $199.99
Price:    $149.95 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save:    $50.04 (25%)
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Eligible for AmazonSmile donation.
Want it Tuesday, June 17? Order within 12 hrs 53 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

Countertop juicing machine with extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute
    850-watt dual-speed motor; powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results
    Safety locking arm; overload protection LED; large-capacity pulp collector
    Dishwasher-safe parts; includes 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
    Measures approximately 13-1/5 by 16-1/2 by 18-1/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty

For 300 dollars you get this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002VAFVG/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0002VAFVG&linkCode=as2&tag=allaboutjui03-20

Next up would be a single or double piston juicer,and they are tough! Super dry pulp so you are getting all the juice you are paying for,read the reviews,these things are workhorses and in the first link.Sky is pretty much the limit on these machines.They are hard to clean per reviews.

Hope this helps a little.

Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 01:36:19 PM »
Thanks Spuds!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
I've owned my <a href="https://www.vitamix.com/Be-Inspired/Whole-Food-Juicing/Whole-Food-Juice-Recipes">Vita-Mix</a> for about 4 years now and wouldn't trade it for anything else, but it will set you back at least $400.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 09:13:47 PM »
Mike go to   www.discountjuicers.com    They have tutorial/comparison videos to determine what type of juicer fits your needs. Some of the best prices, and the guy knows his sh&%. It's helpful to see side by side comparison/reviews of most top brands.

Offline catinatree

• Boulder, Colorado
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:41:31 PM »
I always wanted a juicer, and ended up with a VitaMix, would't have my juice any other way.
GMG Daniel Boone
Southwest Discada 24" Rio Grande
Discada tri-pod burner
PolyScience Sous Vide

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 09:49:20 PM »
I have a Breville Juice Fountain.  It's centrifugal but only about $150.  It's a nightmare to clean as well as I want it clean. 

It's the only one I've used.  All I can say is that it makes juice.  Juice goes one way and some of the wet pulp goes the other way.  A lot of wet pulp stays in the machine and must be scooped and flushed out.  There's a major cleaning issue (for me) if the pulp dries inside.  Even if I flush it immediately I frequently miss some pulp and it dries and glues itself in there.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline spuds

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 10:11:05 PM »
I hear you.I clean with hot running water before I drink the juice.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 02:33:20 AM »
I have a Breville Juice Fountain.  It's centrifugal but only about $150.  It's a nightmare to clean as well as I want it clean. 

It's the only one I've used.  All I can say is that it makes juice.  Juice goes one way and some of the wet pulp goes the other way.  A lot of wet pulp stays in the machine and must be scooped and flushed out.  There's a major cleaning issue (for me) if the pulp dries inside.  Even if I flush it immediately I frequently miss some pulp and it dries and glues itself in there.

That's another feature I like about the Vita-Mix, put a cup or two of water in it, turn it on HI for a few minutes and it will clean itself. 
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 09:16:44 AM »
That's another feature I like about the Vita-Mix, put a cup or two of water in it, turn it on HI for a few minutes and it will clean itself.

That's how I start cleaning my Ninja blender, too.  But Vita-Mix and Ninja are blenders, not juicers.  A juicer separates the juice from the solids.  The solids (pulp) goes into the composter.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline spuds

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 10:10:59 AM »
Exactly,the juicer lets you get a lot more nutrition into a cup of product as the pulp is not taking up space.One is a juice,the other a smoothie.

I would LOVE a vita mix,but so pricy.Even used ones are expensive,they are an excellent product for sure.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
We bought one about a year ago but fund it cost so much just to make juice since you get little juice from some juice.

Found it cheaper just to remove the skin and seeds and run it through the Ninja. 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION