FORUM SPONSORS > Steak Cookoff Association - "Building the Sport of Steak Cookoffs"

How to start competition steak cookoffs

(1/3) > >>

SCA Guy:
Do you cook a great steak at home?  87% of America has a grill in there back yard.  Unlike BBQ competitions, you do not need a $5000 cooker to compete.  3 out of the last 5 winners of the Steak World Championship used a $99 Weber kettle!  Gas, charcoal or pelet, you can do it!  If you have a grill of any kind, a four foot table and an ez-up you are ready!  Just remember it is a steak contest, don't hide that great steak flavor!  Fire away with any questions you might have for me!

TMB:

--- Quote from: SCA Guy on June 18, 2014, 01:19:33 PM ---Do you cook a great steak at home?  87% of America has a grill in there back yard.  Unlike BBQ competitions, you do not need a $5000 cooker to compete.  3 out of the last 5 winners of the Steak World Championship used a $99 Weber kettle!  Gas, charcoal or pelet, you can do it!  If you have a grill of any kind, a four foot table and an ez-up you are ready!  Just remember it is a steak contest, don't hide that great steak flavor!  Fire away with any questions you might have for me!

--- End quote ---
Are you looking around Alabama for a comp site?  Would love to test my skills out on steaks.

Of coarse I'd bring an infrared grill, but that's just me  ;)

Guido1964:
Got one in Arizona,  I am game.

drholly:
Sounds like fun!

teesquare:
Nott o speak on behalf of Brett - but I think he may also be in need of a "Rep" in each state to help organize, and put on the Steak Cook Offs...Great opportunity for someone to have a lot of fun!

Steak Cook Offs are more engaging of the public that the typical BBQ cook off. I will leave that for Brett to explain to you - but it is FUN!  ;D They only go on for one day, and the low cost of involvement should really be an enticement for anyone that has been on the fence about wanting to get into competition but the cost and time involved were a bit daunting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version