Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Garden to Table - Growing Your Own!

Im building an aquaponic hoophouse

(1/61) > >>

spuds:
This will take me all season.Its going to be 12x12 foot.I will get pics as it moves along.Want it covered by late fall and the aquaponic system running.Will have to order the plastic cover when the time comes for it.

Instead of hydroponics it will be powered by fish poo,hence aquaponic.Aqua has the advantage as you dont need chemicals like hydroponics and once set up its pretty much plug and play.

Whats going on so far...

My first stop was the thrift store...

Thrift store for 20 dollars.I made out real good.

Storm door pretty nice shape,screen good.Solid core.Both windows open properly,easily.

The pipes are 10 feet long,1/2 inch.5 PVC,1 metal conduit.May or may not use as Perlins(looks like they wont be used)

The window is brand new,PVC.It says Sample for Mike J on it.

spuds:
Next stop was Lowes for 1x6 Trex for the baseboards,12 foot each.With additional sundries that was 185 dollars.The trex will never rot though,so bit the bullet on that cost.

Then next it was get my stakes to level the base,4 treated 8 foot 4x4's and 18  1.5 inch 10 foot pvc electrical  conduits,line and a line level for 170 dollars.Got conduit over pvc pipe because it is UV protected.

Im doing mine like Jackie at backwoods home

http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/JackieClay/

here is her picture,mine will be 12x12

sliding_billy:
Sounds like quite the project.  Cool.

spuds:
So far with most of framing Im in 400 dollars with a few additional tools.Need some 2x4's and a little cement to put in the 4x4's.

muebe:
Should be a growing fortress when done ;)

We are really into greenhouses in California :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version