Welcome Center > Posting Photos & Videos

Are Posted Photos Now Larger Than the Screen?

(1/4) > >>

pmillen:
All of my Windows computers have 16:9 aspect ratio screens.

It seems that lately, in almost every post that has photos, the photos exceed the screen size.  Of course there's a horizontal scroll bar but it's only available after the last photo.

I resize my photos so they fit and I'm assuming that most posters do too.  So I'm thinking that it's some setting on my screen or on LTBBQ.

What have I done wrong?

spuds:
Hold down control and scroll up or down with mouse wheel to adjust page size.

rexster314:
A lot of people are posting pics from their cell phone. If they're taking pics on fine settings the pics will be bigger than your screen.

Las Vegan Cajun:

--- Quote from: rexster314 on June 24, 2014, 04:21:43 PM ---A lot of people are posting pics from their cell phone. If they're taking pics on fine settings the pics will be bigger than your screen.

--- End quote ---

I'm guilty!!!   ::)

TentHunteR:

--- Quote from: pmillen on June 24, 2014, 03:50:19 PM ---I resize my photos so they fit and I'm assuming that most posters do too.
--- End quote ---

Not a safe assumption to make,  but it doesn't hurt to be sure your zoom size for LTBBQ isn't locked in at higher than 100%.

You can try Holding [Ctrl] down while scrolling with the mouse wheel (like Spuds suggests), or...

an easy keyboard shortcut to reset your zoom back to 100% is: [Ctrl] + 0  (Control + Zero).

Ironically, Tim and I were just talking about this subject a few evenings ago.  As a general rule of thumb:

640 X 480 is a good average size for most pics.

740 X 555 good size for money shots;  easy to view without being in-your-face big.

800 X 600 should be considered a good size limit for forums running the SMF engine (like LTBBQ).

Anything bigger and pics start getting uncomfortable to view, or start requiring scrolling which actually detracts from your photo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version