Author Topic: Sunday Ribeyes  (Read 3002 times)

Offline airberryblue

Re: Sunday Ribeyes
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »
I finally bought an Anova Sous Vide unit about a month ago, and have been very pleased.  Yesterday I cooked two whole chickens for dinner, and started two Rump Roasts for a 50 hour cook, so they will be ready tomorrow.  Some of the meat from the roast will be used to make some Beef Pot Pies.  For those of you about the ask, I did not cook the chickens and roast at the same time, but I prepared everything around the same time. The chickens were cooked first for about 2 and a half hours, then I started the roast right after I pulled the chickens.  Both were sealed in their bags with light spices, I added roasted garlic cloves to the roast.  So far I have been searing the meat in a hot cast iron pan.  Tomorrow I plan to sear both of the rump roast in my Char Broil SRG.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: Sunday Ribeyes
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 10:09:40 AM »
I finally bought an Anova Sous Vide unit about a month ago, and have been very pleased.  Yesterday I cooked two whole chickens for dinner, and started two Rump Roasts for a 50 hour cook, so they will be ready tomorrow.  Some of the meat from the roast will be used to make some Beef Pot Pies.  For those of you about the ask, I did not cook the chickens and roast at the same time, but I prepared everything around the same time. The chickens were cooked first for about 2 and a half hours, then I started the roast right after I pulled the chickens.  Both were sealed in their bags with light spices, I added roasted garlic cloves to the roast.  So far I have been searing the meat in a hot cast iron pan.  Tomorrow I plan to sear both of the rump roast in my Char Broil SRG.

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)