Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Kamado Style Cookers

CharGriller Kamodo Review on About.com

(1/3) > >>

LostArrow:
Derrick Riches who writes all their reviews for grilling seems to be a straight shooter.

"The last few years have seen an explosion of Kamado style grills, but most of these have been little more than variations of the famous Big Green Egg. Of course there was the Bubba Keg, which was made out of steel instead of ceramic and in quick order changed into the Big Steel Keg, and then the Broil King Steel Keg. The thing is, most of these grills listed for prices in a pretty narrow range around the $700USD price point. Now the people at Char-Griller have shattered the price barrier and offered up this metal Kamado grill for $300USD.
So, what exactly is this? The Char-Griller Akorn has a larger grilling space than the large Big Green Egg and many of the same features of the Broil King Steel Keg. Actually, some of the parts are uncomfortably similar to the Steel Keg, in the way that lawyers would probably drool over. However, this is a competent grill/smoker for a ridiculously accessible price and bound to be a big seller."

teesquare:
Glad to see this review...My closest grocer actually sells this grill, and - I must admit I have been looking at it closely. Looks well made. And I prefer the enameled interior and insulated metal shell over the ceramic of the BGE variants....

Tell us what YOU think LA......

T

mikecorn.1:

--- Quote from: teesquare on June 15, 2012, 06:09:17 PM ---Glad to see this review...My closest grocer actually sells this grill, and - I must admit I have been looking at it closely. Looks well made. And I prefer the enameled interior and insulated metal shell over the ceramic of the BGE variants....

Tell us what YOU think LA......

T

--- End quote ---
As long as you've been looking at it, it's not considered an impulse purchase. ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostArrow:
T, I've had one two months & it's not quite as good a smoker as my WSM it's close & much easier to use & clean.
Gave my 7 y/o WSM ( still in great shape to my daughter & boyfriend.)
It's not as good a grill as the main chamber of my New Braunfels, but it's close!
It's a VERY GOOD all around cooker .
It's a very good set & forget cooker, run 20+ hours without refueling.
Should be (it's insulated ) a very good cold weather smoker.

smokeasaurus:
20 + hours without refueling is outstanding....not to many charcoal smokers can make that claim!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version