FORUM SPONSORS > Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Your Favorite PBC Whole Turkey Breast Recipe / Method ?

(1/2) > >>

ChrisD46:
I decided to try a whole turkey breast in the PBC (who doesn't like cold , smoked turkey breast sandwiches) ? ... What is your favorite method to cook whole turkey breast (bone in) on the PBC :

1) Apply rub only ?
2) Inject with a liquids ?
3) Wet Brine ?
4) Dry brine ?
5) Other ?

*Most grocery store name whole bone - in turkey breasts (which are frozen) contain some sort of % of  brine solution already , so not sure if any of the above methods (except dry rub) are necessary ?
*Also what kind of smoking wood (if any) do you like to add to the PBC for whole bone - in turkey breast ? ... Thanks in advance !

ChrisD46:

--- Quote from: ChrisD46 on February 14, 2021, 10:14:46 AM ---I decided to try a whole turkey breast in the PBC (who doesn't like cold , smoked turkey breast sandwiches) ? ... What is your favorite method to cook whole turkey breast (bone in) on the PBC :

1) Apply rub only ?
2) Inject with a liquids ?
3) Wet Brine ?
4) Dry brine ?
5) Other ?

*Most grocery store name whole bone - in turkey breasts (which are frozen) contain some sort of % of  brine solution already , so not sure if any of the above methods (except dry rub) are necessary ?

**No takers ?? ... OK , how about WHOLE turkey then with the above ?
*Also what kind of smoking wood (if any) do you like to add to the PBC for whole bone - in turkey breast ? ... Thanks in advance !

--- End quote ---

akruckus:
As you said most come brined already, I would just rub it and let sit in the fridge overnight before throwing it on the PBC.  I've never done one, and really not much of a turkey fan, but I like cherry wood with almost anything I smoke.

Tailgating is my game:
I am a simple guy. I love turkey but like it with just Salt & pepper, The smoked Turkey is not my favorite but turkey I like in the oven or big easy

ChrisD46:
Thanks for the replies - too many brine recommendations fail to take into consideration that the meat comes pre-packaged in a brine solution (of varying levels) . Thus a poultry rub on the outside and then place the turkey in the fridge over night looks to be the best bet . Research indicates Cherry , Apple and Maple are the best smoking woods and unlike chicken -- turkey meat can stand up to stronger smoking woods such as Hickory . I do not care much for hot , smoked turkey meat - but after cooking and sitting in the fridge covered over night there are few things better than cold , sliced , smoked turkey sandwiches !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version