Author Topic: Jack Stack's BBQ in KCM  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Saber 4

Jack Stack's BBQ in KCM
« Reply #-1 on: August 08, 2014, 12:20:12 AM »
Big thanks and kudo's to Sailor 1 for his recommendation on this one, we made it to KC for a late lunch today and the place is amazing. It would take a week of lunch and dinner's to try everything that looks good on the menu. SWMBO had decided on Oklahoma Joe's but when we got there the line was at least an hour and a half long and we were starving by then so we punched Jack Stack's into the GPS and headed over there hoping we wouldn't find the same lines. No lines and a really nice looking restaurant as well. The lunch plates are so filling I can't imagine how long it would take me to eat the dinner portion.

The wife had the lunch special sandwich with sliced brisket and sliced turkey and for her sides she picked the beans and cheesy corn bake, the turkey was perfectly smoked and moist, the brisket was good but a little dry, the beans are unreal and the cheesy corn bake was so good she said she could have eaten the whole pan. I had the lunch combo plate with beef and pork ribs with French fries and cole slaw. Both ribs were excellent and the cole slaw was perfect, not sweet with plenty of bite, the fries were ok but I missed the bottle of "fry seasoning" on the table until it was to late but I did try some without the fry's and it was so good I picked up two bottles to take home with me to use on everything from tater tots to tilapia.

So once again a member of this forum comes through for another with a great recommendation at the right time. Thanks again Sailor!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Jack Stack's BBQ in KCM
« on: August 08, 2014, 12:25:30 AM »
Sounds like a great meal!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 01:57:35 AM »
Looks great Saber, Sailor did you good!!! I wish I could eat there sometime, I think their original place was called Smokestack and I have a recipe for their wings. I made a post here http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=10055.msg136094#msg136094 I think I have seen a recipe for their cheesy corn and if I run across it will try to remember to send it to you. Don
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:13:01 AM by Smokin Don »
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 05:16:01 AM »
Been a while since I have been to KC.  Now I want to go.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Sailor1

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 03:12:27 PM »
Sabor, so glad you enjoyed it.  They have really expanded their menu since I moved from KC. I love that place.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Offline Sailor1

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »
Looks great Saber, Sailor did you good!!! I wish I could eat there sometime, I think their original place was called Smokestack and I have a recipe for their wings. I made a post here http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=10055.msg136094#msg136094 I think I have seen a recipe for their cheesy corn and if I run across it will try to remember to send it to you. Don
Yes you are correct.  It used to be called Smokestack.  Jack Fiorella the son of the founder, Russ Fiorella changed the name.  I would put them up in the top 5 BBQ joints in KC I think I have eaten at most of the KC BBQ joints. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 09:52:20 PM »
Great looking plate!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven