Author Topic: Jerky gun suggestions  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Sandman

Jerky gun suggestions
« Reply #-1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:03:21 PM »
I am thinking about getting a jerky gun so if anyone has some opinions I would love to hear them. Which one works well or worth the price you paid for yours? Also what accessories should I look for?  Thanks.

Offline Smokin Soon

Re: Jerky gun suggestions
« on: September 01, 2014, 01:01:58 PM »
Cabela's 15in, about 30 bucks. Gets the job done!
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:47:40 PM »
I have a LEM jerky cannon that comes with two tubes a flat and a round for jerky for $60.  I also added a sausage stuffing tube.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:51:25 PM »
I have a LEM jerky cannon that comes with two tubes a flat and a round for jerky for $60.  I also added a sausage stuffing tube.

The jerky cannon is great! That is the one I use. Easy to use and very easy to clean because the whole thing disassembles completely and easily.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:53:59 PM »

The jerky cannon is great! That is the one I use. Easy to use and very easy to clean because the whole thing disassembles completely and easily.

Yes, definitely an easy to use and easy to clean device.  ;)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Sandman

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 05:08:01 PM »
I went with the jerky cannon. I can't wait to start making jerky. :) Thanks for the suggestions I appreciate them!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Sandman

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 08:56:17 PM »
Thanks Guys!

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 09:19:16 PM »
I have one from Cabela's and it's well put together but after learning how to make ground meat jerky rounds from a friend on the Bradley forum I haven't used it at all. If you have a stuffer just mix your jerky recipe up and stuff it into a 2 1/2" or 3" casing and freeze until it's hard enough to slice but not frozen through, then slice about 1/4" thick using a knife or slicer and smoke or dehydrate as usual. They look like little hockey pucks and are so easy to bag and carry around.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 01:58:57 AM »
Check this one out - http://www.amazon.com/LEM-468-Products-Jerky-Cannon/dp/B000SQFGRS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409607774&sr=8-1&keywords=jerky+cannon

That is the one I have ;)

That's the one I have also, wish I wouldn't have looked at that link though, it was way less than what I paid for mine at Bass Pro Shop, even with my 10% discount.  :(
----------------------

Offline BAM1

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 10:59:45 PM »
my lem works great.  Also use it to make breakfast links.  Shoot out the pork sausage, freeze on a lined cookie sheet, and cut into links for vacuum sealing.  Don't shrink up as you would think they do.
BAMBQ KCBS BBQ Team
Traeger Texas model 075 w/Savannah Stoker
GMG Jim Bowie
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID and 900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Backwoods Fatboy
Charbroil SRG
Kamodo Big Joe
2 Gateway Drum smokers
KCBS CBJ

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 11:40:42 PM »
OK,so you made whole muscle and ground jerky,tell me about the two and how they differ and compare,Ive never made ground.

Thanks!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline N. Ontario Smoker

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »
For Canadians......I just got one yesterday from Princess Auto. It's an aluminum 1&1/2 lb. barrel identical to the other cannon model. It was only $34.99 with free shipping. Works great and very good quality parts.
http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Jerky-And-Sausage-Making/Aluminum-Jerky-Cannon/8383663.p

If you need different ends, I ordered these and he shipped the next day.....
]http://www.ebay.com/itm/310938676498]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:58:26 AM by N. Ontario Smoker »
"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for bad hunter.

Fred