Author Topic: Kitchen Stove Gadget and Tip  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Kitchen Stove Gadget and Tip
« Reply #-1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »
Oct 03 2014

For the last 3 weeks I haven’t been able to cook as usual; with the pain in my hip and leg. I am getting a little antsy with not much to do. I went to the Dr. this am and she ordered a MIR for me and gave me some stronger pain medicine. I am going for the MRI next Thursday. I hope they can find the problem and get me repaired!

A while back someone posted about moving the kitchen stove out to clean behind it. I have tried to do mine every year along with the refrigerator. The one side of my stove fits against the kitchen cupboards. The side of the stove and the cupboard usually had some caked on food I had spilled over the crack. After the post I thought I should be able to find a strip to cover the crack that would help. I found one that is T shaped, has a magnet strip for the stove side and 1 ½ wide at Amazon. It fits nice and hope it will be easier to clean the next time I move the stove out.

Years ago I was getting too many kitchen gadgets and not enough cupboard space. My kitchen is
U shaped, and fairly small. I love it for cooking since everything is a step away. I looked at it to see how I could add more cupboard space and look nice. I told the wife if we could find a nice cabinet to sit next to the stove I could add a section of top kitchen cabinet above it and give us more space. She found a nice oak cabinet that was a replica of an old pie safe and had pierced copper in the doors. It looked prefect.
I use the pie safe to store canned goods, salt, cooking spray etc.

The oak pie safe did not exactly match my kitchen cupboards so I picked out a top section that matched the cabinet. After I had it installed I added the wainscoting on the wall behind.

After cooking a while I noted if I fried anything that popped, like bacon, or searing meat I was getting splatters on the cabinet. My large burner just happens to be on the side of the cabinet. I thought if I get a 12 inch floor tile and some notched molding I can mount it to the cabinet and pull it out when I use the front burner. I found a marble tile that I liked and installed it. The notched molding Lowe’s had in stock that worked perfect. It saves a lot of cleaning splatters off the cabinet.

Writing this up and taking the photos gave me something to do today. I hope some will also find the tips useful.

My Kitchen

Marble tile installed

Pulled out

Strip in place on stove

Bottom of strip

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Re: Kitchen Stove Gadget and Tip
« on: October 03, 2014, 10:17:23 PM »
Neat ideas
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:41:01 PM »
Your a man of many talents Don, and those ideas are very practical and should help with keeping the kitchen nice a tidy. Oh and I now pull my stove out once a month to clean  ;)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 12:01:16 AM »
Nice job Don!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »
Great idea Don, very nice.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 01:08:58 PM »
I like it.  Hope you get to feeling better Don.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 03:05:19 PM »
Nice idea . take it  slow and easy my friend it takes time to recover .

Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber