Author Topic: Firehouse sub shop - Coming to a city near you (I'd guess)  (Read 60093 times)

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Re: Firehouse sub shop - soming to a city near you (I'd guess)
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 11:46:12 PM »
LOL - I was just thinking that as I re-opened this thread! What a hoot! Yep, as I drive from MPLS to Bismarck I always make a stop for a grinder and gas  ::) in Fargo. Then in Bismarck a stop at the Patterson Hotel (Peacock Alley) for a Moscow Mule.

Of course there are a few other Bismarck traditions - Scotty's for a Tarter Burger (many folks do not know that I invented this delicacy), Big Boy for a Pizza Burger Flying Style with some fries and gravy, and the Woodhouse for a Cheese Frenchy. No trip to ND would be the same without these landmarks!
[/quote]
You're bringing back some might fine memories here DrHolly.... It makes me wish I had a good excuse to go to Bismarck in the near future. Tell us more about this Tarter Burger  :)
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: Firehouse sub shop - soming to a city near you (I'd guess)
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 04:34:37 PM »
LOL - I was just thinking that as I re-opened this thread! What a hoot! Yep, as I drive from MPLS to Bismarck I always make a stop for a grinder and gas  ::) in Fargo. Then in Bismarck a stop at the Patterson Hotel (Peacock Alley) for a Moscow Mule.

Of course there are a few other Bismarck traditions - Scotty's for a Tarter Burger (many folks do not know that I invented this delicacy), Big Boy for a Pizza Burger Flying Style with some fries and gravy, and the Woodhouse for a Cheese Frenchy. No trip to ND would be the same without these landmarks!
You're bringing back some might fine memories here DrHolly.... It makes me wish I had a good excuse to go to Bismarck in the near future. Tell us more about this Tarter Burger  :)
[/quote]

I guess we may never know about the tartar burger, lol.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Re: Firehouse sub shop - Coming to a city near you (I'd guess)
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 05:29:42 PM »
  Yea, What's a Tarter burger?  I mean.. it aint right to mention something like that and not elaborate on it.... 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 07:52:09 AM »
In my extensive research (1 minute using Google) I found that it is a burger with tartar sauce. You'd never know by the name! :) :P
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 09:22:12 AM »
In my extensive research (1 minute using Google) I found that it is a burger with tartar sauce. You'd never know by the name! :) :P
:D :D :D
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 11:30:41 AM »
Got one semi close in Loma Linda.......just gotta figure if they are worth the trip off the mountain  ::)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32