Author Topic: Tube smokers  (Read 6426 times)

Offline dane2992

Tube smokers
« Reply #-1 on: July 14, 2015, 10:01:11 PM »
Hey everyone would like some info on good tube smokers for my traeger junior. I've seen the smoke daddy and a-maz-n tube smokers just looking for some helpful info and reviews

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: Tube smokers
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:43:29 PM »
Dane, I have the amazen tube smokers, a six and a 12 inch. I haven't used them in a while but I like them. I ended up using the 6 inch the most it gives me over two hours of smoke. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 11:41:36 PM »
amazen tube smokers all the way.  I will use mine to cold smoke rib-eyes in the morning before hitting the coals later in the day. Really a great find for pellet grill owners and other types of pits.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline dane2992

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 12:08:20 AM »
Dane, I have the amazen tube smokers, a six and a 12 inch. I haven't used them in a while but I like them. I ended up using the 6 inch the most it gives me over two hours of smoke. Don

amazen tube smokers all the way.  I will use mine to cold smoke rib-eyes in the morning before hitting the coals later in the day. Really a great find for pellet grill owners and other types of pits.
Thanks for the info. Just looked at the extension hopper and grill rack. Jeez $32 for shipping. I know it's metal but :-[

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 06:50:38 AM »
The 6 inch Amazn tube smoker is a great buy!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 08:55:33 AM »
I have the 6 inch and the 12 inch Amazen tube.  Wouldn't switch them out for anything.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 09:13:52 AM »
I have the 6 inch and the 12 inch Amazen tube.  Wouldn't switch them out for anything.
X2 great way to add more smoke
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 09:20:33 AM »
Amazen tubes for me. I have several. Why them vs Smoke Daddy or anyone else?  No need to drill a hole in your pit. Nothing to fail. No need for an air pump. Nothing to get clogged.

They just work and work well.

Amazen proved itself to many of us - BEFORE they were asked to become a sponsor here on LTBBQ. We do not promote companies merely because the become a sponsor. It is the other way around. They must show that they offer something better in terms of product AND customer service in order to be considered as a sponsor.

That makes LTBBQ different - and it makes the advice you get from LTBBQ users honest, and real...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:29:20 AM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 09:23:59 AM »
Amazn smoker tubes  and smoker tray are some of the best inventions for the outdoor cooking enthusiast.
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 10:00:53 AM »

Thanks for the info. Just looked at the extension hopper and grill rack. Jeez $32 for shipping. I know it's metal but :-[

I remember in the good old days when you shipped something, it was only based on weight.

Now it is the width/length/height of the package as well as weight and 8 zones throughout the US.  Pretty costly to move stuff around these days.............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline dane2992

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 05:13:02 PM »
Amazen tubes for me. I have several. Why them vs Smoke Daddy or anyone else?  No need to drill a hole in your pit. Nothing to fail. No need for an air pump. Nothing to get clogged.

Amazen proved itself to many of us - BEFORE they were asked to become a sponsor here on LTBBQ. We do not promote companies merely because the become a sponsor. It is the other way around. They must show that they offer something better in terms of product AND customer service in order to be considered as a sponsor.

That makes LTBBQ different - and it makes the advice you get from LTBBQ users honest, and real...
Just curious is there any discounts for forum members? I ask due to me on another forum, members get discounts with some vendors or companies

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 05:25:22 PM »
Can't hurt to send them a pm................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 05:55:20 PM »

Just curious is there any discounts for forum members? I ask due to me on another forum, members get discounts with some vendors or companies
Todd is a great guy he might just give a discount  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline dane2992

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 08:09:48 PM »

Todd is a great guy he might just give a discount  ;)
What's his member id?

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 09:18:02 PM »
Todd is Amazen1  and here is his e-mail  johnsontm@amazenproducts.com   He is listed in our Site Sponsors section.  A-MAZE-N Products
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401