Author Topic: Turkey in the Pit Barrel Cooker  (Read 16817 times)

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: Turkey in the Pit Barrel Cooker
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 11:38:25 AM »
I've been following your experience with this cooker since you started posting it. This turkey may be the final one that gets me going! Just have to figure out how to get it onto the deck "safely" (SWMBO has motion detectors, cameras, and other devices set up to catch me adding a new cooker to the collection.  ???

i've got 2 daughters.  same problem.   :'(
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:43:10 AM by sparky1 »
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline sambbq

• Sam's NW BBQ Co.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 11:59:46 PM »
That Turkey was outrageous!!  I'm already dreading my mother in laws turn in on Turkey Day!  She's not here is she  ??? :o I exchanged emails with Amber at the Pit Barrel Cooker Co. today, and she told me that on their website, we may just find the all new videos on Brisket and Pork Butt by Friday.  I for one look forward to seeing those.  They do a great job of making a great quality video with just enough info to show you how to do it, and it sure leaves you wanting to do it NOW!  Amber and Noah at  the PBC Co. are as great as their product!
Sam

MAK 2 Star
YODER YS480
YODER Wichita Offset Smoker
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 08:29:13 AM »
Yup, couldn't agree more with ya Sam!! Noah even offered to fly to Los Angeles, when I had the PBC all hooked up with therm's and I was freaking out about the temps!!  Once I realized, I didn't have to tweak or monitor anything, I was fine. That is the biggest thing someone has to understand if they get this cooker......just hang your food and walk away.........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32