Author Topic: Help needed for canning spaghetti sauce  (Read 28665 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Help needed for canning spaghetti sauce
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 03:57:19 PM »
Tommy..this is what I have, had it for over a year now and it's fantastic, I make all kinds of things in it..mashed potatoes, potato salad, hard boiled eggs, meats etc. Plus it does pressure cannign and is also a slow cooker. Price is reasonable for all that it does. 

http://www.qvc.com/Power-Pressure-Cooker-XL-Plus-6-qt.-Digital-w.product.K41645.html?upsh=1&sc=K41645-CSWB

.☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
I have seen those, Costco has them for about the same price, I'll go and look at one thanks!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 04:30:17 PM »
Tommy..this is what I have, had it for over a year now and it's fantastic, I make all kinds of things in it..mashed potatoes, potato salad, hard boiled eggs, meats etc. Plus it does pressure cannign and is also a slow cooker. Price is reasonable for all that it does. 

http://www.qvc.com/Power-Pressure-Cooker-XL-Plus-6-qt.-Digital-w.product.K41645.html?upsh=1&sc=K41645-CSWB

.☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
I have seen those, Costco has them for about the same price, I'll go and look at one thanks!n
/quote]
Nice thing aobut this is easy pay..make it in 5 payments..doesn't hurt as much.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 06:14:58 PM »
Thanks for the info guys,  one guy I talked with said if the sauce has meat in it I have to pressure can the sauce not water bath.

I have a lot to study it seems but that's half the fun!
Yes,meat requires pressure canning.If you want to get into this get an All American canner and you will have it in family for generations,it uses no gaskets.Its the best,and it costs like it,you can do this a lot cheaper if you want.

We have the 921,make sure it isnt too tall for your stove.They run around 200 bucks.

When you are doings soups,chili,meats,mustard,on and on,it will grow on you having food you made not loaded with chemicals...its a good thing.Its also time consuming so consider that.

http://www.allamericancanner.com/allamericanpressurecanner.htm
Thanks for the heads up Spuds.  But the more I look into this vacuum sealing seems to be the best option for now.   Jut would not do enough canning to justify the cost.
Yes,what I outlined is a commitment to make it worthwhile for sure.Pams idea is good,kinda what I did in getting into stuffing sausages,I went cheaper to see If I would like it.Heck,freezing it is a good answer too,that certainly will work well. Just freeze em in tupperware style containers works great!No need to vacuum pack to freeze things like sauces and soups  :)

Why do you want to vacuum seal? It wont preserve it unless frozen.

For us,canning was another food hobbie that played into our gardening/foody and pantry hobby.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:27:31 PM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline enthuz

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 01:32:27 PM »
This is a nice thread. My wife has started her canning love. She wants the XL Pressure Cooker posted above too. My kitchen is getting full of Ball mason jars and lids. We love having the fresh ingredients on hand. I already have a FoodSaver (two actually) with canning kit. I guess I can help support her canning, since she is supporting my desire to go all in with smoking.  ;) At least its not another pair of high heels or an expensive for no reason purse.  :o

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »
This is a nice thread. My wife has started her canning love. She wants the XL Pressure Cooker posted above too. My kitchen is getting full of Ball mason jars and lids. We love having the fresh ingredients on hand. I already have a FoodSaver (two actually) with canning kit. I guess I can help support her canning, since she is supporting my desire to go all in with smoking.  ;) At least its not another pair of high heels or an expensive for no reason purse.  :o
LOL, yep ...  Kimmie buys flip flops all the time ??? ??? ???

Canning is not her thing
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION