Author Topic: A little tongue in cheek motorcycle video  (Read 17317 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
A little tongue in cheek motorcycle video
« Reply #-1 on: March 01, 2018, 11:48:25 AM »
Don't fret friends, I'll have a BBQ related video soon but until then, enjoy this video of a ride my wife and I took last weekend. I had it originally on Youtube but they blocked it due to the music within. I uploaded it to Vimeo and so far, so good. The video compression is awful but it's a really short video so I'm not too upset.

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: A little tongue in cheek motorcycle video
« on: March 01, 2018, 12:17:05 PM »
Very nice video Jason! What camera did you use?
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline RG

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »

I used the Sony FDR-X3000. I wish that the video would look the way it looks on my PC but everybody (facebook, youtube, vimeo, etc.) just compresses them so much they look bad. I may also need to use different software in the editing side of things.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 12:39:41 PM »
I thought it looked good to be honest.  :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Agustine

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »
Nice video.
I have a Vimeo account. Costs me 100 bucks a year and I have no weekly limits right up to 5TB total which I will never use in a year.
YouTube’s mantra is quantity over quality. Over 300 hours of footage are uploaded to YouTube every single minute, and all of those videos need to be processed before they can go live. In order to handle that kind of load, YouTube must balance compression speed with compression quality.

On the other hand, Vimeo’s mantra is quality over quantity. Because Vimeo has stricter guidelines for acceptable videos, its processing load is far lighter than YouTube’s — and that means it can focus more on maximizing the quality of each video using better encoding techniques.

The bottom line: If you upload the same video to both YouTube and Vimeo at the same resolution, the Vimeo version will look a lot better because it will have a much higher bitrate. The audio will also sound much better because Vimeo supports 320 Kbps. Unfortunately, these higher quality settings are only available to subscribers of Vimeo Plus, Pro, or Business.

Take a second to ask yourself what comes to mind when someone says “YouTube video,” then consider what comes to mind when someone says “Vimeo video.” If you have any experience with both sites, then your perception of each brand should be radically different.

YouTube is basically a video dump. You can upload anything you want as long as it isn’t sexually explicit, gory, excessively violent, etc. No one will stop you if you want to upload low-quality content that’s pointless or spammy, whereas Vimeo is very strict about what it allows.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 02:08:06 PM »

I used the Sony FDR-X3000. I wish that the video would look the way it looks on my PC but everybody (facebook, youtube, vimeo, etc.) just compresses them so much they look bad. I may also need to use different software in the editing side of things.

I know what you mean about the compression! I was using Premiere Pro to edit all my videos, but there is so much more on this program that I won't ever use so I cancelled my Adobe subscription on it. For $19.99 a month to me it's not worth it since I don't do a lot of videos. I am now using either Filmora or Cyberlink Power Director depending on what button I click on my task bar since they are right next to each other.  ;D I had these before Premiere Pro and they do an adequate job on editing.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 09:40:52 PM »
You both are just having too much fun my friend.  Stay safe and happy trails.
Enjoyed the video.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 09:56:01 PM »
Jason she made you eat her dust lol...looks like fun
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 07:15:56 AM »
You both are just having too much fun my friend.  Stay safe and happy trails.
Enjoyed the video.

We are really enjoying riding together for sure. We putt along mostly as her bike is little, I like to let her ride in front of me to set the pace, otherwise I'd have to pull over and wait for her (ask me how I know, lol).

Jason she made you eat her dust lol...looks like fun

In defense of her little motorcycle, it's in its break in period so she can't really goose it too much. That's okay though, we have intercoms in our helmets so if I happen to be in front and we get separated, I can tell her where to turn to find me. We're going out tomorrow to eat at a 50s diner so I plan on making a video for that!

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 03:44:36 PM »
Looks like you're both having a lot of fun ! ! !

The weather finally broke today and I got out on mine . . . Gotta Love it ! ! !

BD

The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline RG

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 02:02:14 PM »
Looks like you're both having a lot of fun ! ! !

The weather finally broke today and I got out on mine . . . Gotta Love it ! ! !

BD

It was a good day to ride for sure as is today. She's out working in the yard and I'm inside doing some cleaning, lol. Otherwise we'd be off putting around again today. In between chores I am putting together another video. My computer is SO SLOW though, it'll be a while before it's done.

I figured out why videos have not matched the source quality. In Pinnacle Studio 20 Ultimate (what I use and am familiar with) I have been encoding in MP4 format in either HD (1080P/30fps) or in 4K/30fps and I assumed that because of such that it was giving me a high bitrate by default. NOPE! After checking under the hood, it was only outputting the video in stinkin' 4mbps! In 1080p Youtube suggests 8mbps and a common trick is to encode the 1080p to output into 4K so Youtube will allow a higher bitrate. No matter what I did, it never looked as good as the raw file unedited, Youtube or not. I changed the output to 40mbps and WOW! It looks MUCH better. I can't wait to shoot some more 4K then make a video with the high settings to see how true it is to the original. I have reverted back to 1080p because I wasn't satisfied with how bad the 4K looked.

The whole time it was just set to output at too low of a bitrate. I need a faster computer with more ram so I can make this go faster. I can watch grass grow in the time it takes to process these videos, lol.

Stay tuned for the Review & Ride video of Hot Rod's Diner in Social Circle GA. It's way more ride than review but you'll get the gist of it :)

Stay safe riding out there BD!

Offline RAD

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 09:36:56 PM »
Not sure what is wrong with Youtube that is the best band of all times. I haven't been riding as much as I like but the weather is breaking here too.
Love to cook and eat