Author Topic: Kalamnzoo Steadfast??  (Read 12211 times)

Offline Kalamnzoo

Kalamnzoo Steadfast??
« Reply #-1 on: November 26, 2019, 11:33:02 PM »
Hi everyone.  I am new to the forum, thanks for having me. I bought a used Kalamazoo grill about 6 years ago. Honestly not knowing what I was buying for $200 other than the fact it was built like a tank. I love its looks. It stays outside in MN with out a cover most of the time and will sparkle with a good cleaning. That being said it does not perform as well as it looks. Does not get searing hot (Maxes out around 550-600 after being on high for an hour. ) It currently has a cast iron bow tie burner. I would love if anyone has input on the grill. I'm thinking about upgrading the burner and internals but dont know where to start. I have done research and believe it's a Kalamazoo Steadfast. Any info would be great!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Re: Kalamnzoo Steadfast??
« on: November 27, 2019, 12:28:34 AM »
Did you try getting a hold of tech service at the manufacurer to see if they had any suggestions
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Kalamnzoo

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 12:38:48 AM »
Did you try getting a hold of tech service at the manufacurer to see if they had any suggestions
I did. I did not push very hard.  They directed me to an online grill parts website. It was a smaller stainless H style Broil King burner replacment. Not sure if it would up the performance of not. Probably need to research the BTUs. Did not look impressive.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 12:50:09 AM by Kalamnzoo »

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 05:52:03 AM »
You need to get rid of that grill; it's getting snow all over your deck!  ;D

Welcome to the forum!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline rwalters

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 08:47:10 AM »
Still stuck on a Kalamazoo for $200! That’s like winning the lottery! Welcome to LTBBQ. Unfortunately I have no suggestions other than to press the support a bit harder at Kalamazoo.
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 09:45:24 AM »
Try these guys,  http://www.musiccitymetals.net/
 They are not a discount store necessarily but they do have a good selection of parts.  I bought parts for my old Charbroil IR grill a few times with no issues. They had some parts that were custom built that ended up being much better than the OEM parts.

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Kalamnzoo

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 08:18:23 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll try and get more info from Kalamazoo and check out music city.  If you google my model there is a picture of one decked out with a smoke box. Doubt I'll ever find one but it's cool. I need someone to "pimp my grill."