Author Topic: W.O.W. Chicken - YUM!  (Read 4219 times)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: W.O.W. Chicken - YUM!
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 07:23:52 AM »
Cliff,
Looks fantastic!!  I have been using mayo on chicken pieces (mainly) and on fish.  It keeps the fish from drying out in a hot oven.  The mayo is great glue for Panko breadcrumbs on fish or chicken. 

There are more and more "flavored" versions of mayo in the marketplace.  I like the mayo that is made with olive oil.  You can "pre-mix" your mayo with your favorite flavors (Sriracha comes to mind) to add some "zing".  The options are limitless.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
W.O.W. Chicken - YUM!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 08:39:39 AM »
Bird looks real good. Never done the mayo either.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 08:47:00 AM »

Ditto on all.   Fine looking yardbird, and I need to add mayo to my 'to glue' list..

Offline knucklehead

• Atascocita, TX
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 09:18:34 AM »
Wow that chicken looks great.  I learn something new here all the time. I would have never thought about using mayo on the outside of chicken.  Just to clarify that is regular mayo and not Miracle Whip correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Knucklehead

PG 500
18" WSM
22" Weber OTP
22" Weber OTS
Exes
Traeger 07E

Offline Tinnmel

• Portsmouth, VA
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 09:22:30 AM »
I had done a recipe from another forum called "paint the bird" that used mayo with a variety of spices added in.  It was very good, but it was so similar to using Carolina Treet that I was just sticking to the Treet.  However, this post opened my eyes to using mayo as a base for some different spice mixtures.  Guess I'll break out the mayo again.

Offline Wing Commander

• Visit my BBQ-Blog!
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 12:22:14 PM »
That chicken looks great. That mayo-frying effect will surely work with (aromized) oil, too. Next time put some chicken on the rotissery I'll give that a try.

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 06:55:47 PM »
That Chicken looks great Tenthunter, I need to try that!!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 07:13:22 PM »
Tent - you talk about the high heat making this work. I am wondering if anyone has tried in the PBC? I really like doing my poultry in this cooker. But, from what you are saying this might not be the right approach. If no one's done it - guess I'll have to be your Huckleberry...

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2013, 12:10:55 AM »
Tent - you talk about the high heat making this work. I am wondering if anyone has tried in the PBC? I really like doing my poultry in this cooker. But, from what you are saying this might not be the right approach. If no one's done it - guess I'll have to be your Huckleberry...

David

I would think the PBC has the heat source close enough that it should work.  Give it a try and let us know!

We really need a separate thread for the Mayo discussion.  I was trying to show off Tee's Way Out West seasoning and how good it is on bird!  ::)

C'mon somebody throw me a bone here...  preferably one baked with some W.O.W. Seasoning on it!  Ha ha couldn't resist.  :P ;D
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2013, 12:21:56 AM »
Wow that chicken looks great.  I learn something new here all the time. I would have never thought about using mayo on the outside of chicken.  Just to clarify that is regular mayo and not Miracle Whip correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry didn't see the answer Mayo and not Miracle Whip?

Thanks
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 02:14:46 AM »

David

I would think the PBC has the heat source close enough that it should work.  Give it a try and let us know!

We really need a separate thread for the Mayo discussion.  I was trying to show off Tee's Way Out West seasoning and how good it is on bird!  ::)

C'mon somebody throw me a bone here...  preferably one baked with some W.O.W. Seasoning on it!  Ha ha couldn't resist.  :P ;D

Sorry - I love W.O.W on chicken! No particular pics right now - will post some from my next cook. Actually, I've used W.O.W. on a number of cooks from chicken to burgers and beyond - one of my go to spice combos.

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #