Author Topic: laser ir thermo gun...  (Read 2750 times)

Offline perferd

Re: laser ir thermo gun...
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 10:06:44 PM »
Hit up princess auto and they had one for $80 went up to 536* and another one for $100 went up to 954*...didn't buy either cause that's too much for me lol...
Semper Fi.
Once a Marine always a Marine
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don'thave that problem." President Regan

Offline perferd

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
Shoulda went straight to the site sponsors in the first place cause GG's has one on their website...

http://www.mygrillgrate.com/BBQ_Infrared_Laser_Thermometer_p/lt-02.htm
Semper Fi.
Once a Marine always a Marine
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don'thave that problem." President Regan

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »
Shoulda went straight to the site sponsors in the first place cause GG's has one on their website...

http://www.mygrillgrate.com/BBQ_Infrared_Laser_Thermometer_p/lt-02.htm

That one does have a better temp. range than the cheap ones like I have - and like Jack is referring to....I may have to get one of those myself. Using Grill Grates - the tmps can easily get above the range of measurement for the cheaper ones....
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 04:48:41 PM »
Is it safe to say spending more then $50 is too much then? It seems the places I have looked online are either around $40 or $150 nothing in between...
I sent $190.00 for mine from Snap-On  :'( :'( 

No, $50 is not to much 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »
I have this one from ThermoWorks.  I like it just fine but I've never used another to make a comparison.

It has adjustable emissivity if you want to measure a temperature to a gnats eyelash.  It also has jacks for probes so I have an internal probe and a surface temp probe.  After the gadgetry newness wore off I don't use the IR capability very often but I frequently use the surface temp probe.  The internal probe—not so much.  I use my Thermapen.

With the hindsight I acquired by purchasing and using them I'd buy a Thermapen for measuring IT and a stand-alone surface temp probe for measuring grate temperatures. 
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas