Author Topic: Fireworks  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Fireworks
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 08:26:47 PM »
In Ct we are lucky if we can buy a book of matches
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pappymn

Fireworks
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »
Well, at least here in Texas there are plenty of places to buy the real thing for the fourth of July if you want that. There are a few who put together there own version of fireworks that are a tad more explosive.

I hope that I did not offend anyone with my comment. I was really saying that with tongue in cheek. However, what was mentioned concerning the "nanny" state is part of the great "transformation" of America. Fortunately, my years are numbered and I won't be around to "enjoy" such endeavors. I often wonder if the pendulum will swing back or we are witnesses to the beginning of the end i.e. the decline and fall of the American empire.

I guess I will focus on what am I going to cook next on the wood smoker.

Have a great day!

Ed

Wise words. I think it is the decline. Makes me very sad each and every day.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RickB

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 08:40:01 PM »
Well, at least here in Texas there are plenty of places to buy the real thing for the fourth of July if you want that. There are a few who put together there own version of fireworks that are a tad more explosive.

I hope that I did not offend anyone with my comment. I was really saying that with tongue in cheek. However, what was mentioned concerning the "nanny" state is part of the great "transformation" of America. Fortunately, my years are numbered and I won't be around to "enjoy" such endeavors. I often wonder if the pendulum will swing back or we are witnesses to the beginning of the end i.e. the decline and fall of the American empire.

I guess I will focus on what am I going to cook next on the wood smoker.

Have a great day!

Ed

You  sure didn't offend me. I am with you, afraid we have passed the point of no return. Glad I am old enough to escaped what is to come. I would like to say I am sorry for the youth of America but as a rule they are their own worst enemy. You reap what you sow. Good luck kids.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 08:41:53 PM »
The great nanny state of Minnesota does not allow me to purchase "real" fireworks in Minnesota. Thankfully, I live 20 minutes from Wisconsin where their people are slightly more free.

Just a quick trip to get the good stuff. I like to give my kids a show!

Wisconsin is also handy for buying alcohol on Sunday.....also not allowed in Minnesota.

I'm with you, Pappy!

I grew up in North Dakota - the good stuff (both fireworks and alcohol) were legal. We used to shoot off M-80's and Silver Salutes! I lived in Wisconsin for 10 years and we had great 4th of July parties (luckily we never burned down the yard of a local cop!)

Now in the state where nothing is allowed... the 4th is not so exciting. But it is still a great holiday and the border (as you point out) is not that far away!

Have a great and inspired Independence Day Holiday!

David

David I just have one question. In a state where the only thing worse than the weather is the politics, why in Gods name does ANYONE live there?  ;D ;D ;D

SWMBO - it was a deal we worked out before we were married and when I figured there was NO way I'd ever move back to MN... I lost... ooops...

Say no more. As men we all know we dont start thinking clearly till a couple of years after we are married!  :D :D

Yup!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
I do not know what you guys are complaining about. I wouldn't know how I got through the last 70 years without everybody knowing better and telling me what to do. It seems like there are elitist people everywhere who know whats best for you so you may as well shut up and do what they say.

Ed

lol... I may be a curmudgeon (ok I AM a curmudgeon) but I see a disconnect between celebrating Independence Day and being told I cannot be trusted with more than a "lady finger" fire cracker.... might just be me...  ::) ::) ::)

David, you are still just a curmudgeon in training. The turtle and Dee are full fledged curmudgeons. I have not quite earned my curmudgeon status but have my Dirty Old Man certificate framed and hung on the wall.

Ken, Thank you! I am working hard on my curmudgeon status... not sure if there is a check off list, but, I have no doubt I will get there!

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #