Author Topic: My prayer....  (Read 2219 times)

Offline dawrecknq

My prayer....
« Reply #-1 on: July 02, 2013, 12:15:23 AM »
May God grant their families peace, understanding and strength; for he says "No man has greater love than he who lays down his life for others"! God speed to these true GREAT AMERICAN HEROS!
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.
"May the Smoke stay out of your eyes..but forever in your heart!"

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: My prayer....
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »
I feel very bad for these fallen heroes. There have been a few fires out here in California that they cut lines for. I pray for God to give their families strength right now. Such a tragedy...
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:06:38 AM »
As a parent of a volunteer fire fighter this is one story that hit me very hard.  People that fight fires are a different breed and like folks who serve in the arm forces,  they put their lives on the line everyday knowing they may not return.

Great post and the prayer is perfect
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Pappymn

My prayer....
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 08:48:05 AM »
Watched a show on what their job was like. What incredibly difficult work. These guys are really just exceptional
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:32:45 AM »
There are no words to Thank them for what they do. Thank You. Daughter of a firefighter.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 12:00:36 PM »
Thoughts and prayers go out to the family's
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »
Sometimes we don't realize there are heroes among us until they give there lives for our safety. 

Thanks for this post.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 01:16:07 PM »
Sometimes we don't realize there are heroes among us until they give there lives for our safety. 

Thanks for this post.

Dee

Too true. My prayers are with their families.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »
My Nephew is a fire fighter also, worked his way from volunteer to full time. Very proud of this young who grew up in a single parent house hold, dropped out of high school, grew up and has made it to adulthood as a man I am very proud to call my Nephew! Everytime we lose a a fire fighter, a police officer, military personnel, it makes this country just a little less, with a big hole in her heart. Yet, we find young people who are willing to step up and fill that void without being asked. That makes them very special and very dear to me! I many times wish that I would step up and say "Thanks" more often.

One a side note: A good friend of mine and retired sub man, was eating at a local Subway with his Navy cap on. He said a young man of about 19-22 saw him eating and walked silently over; saluted, shook his hand and walked away. Dave said he had to admit to being moved to a teary eyed old sub man.

Dan
Yoder 1320, 3- VUDS's and a couple of Wally World  grills. Working on more all the time.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 09:37:44 PM »
My Nephew is a fire fighter also, worked his way from volunteer to full time. Very proud of this young who grew up in a single parent house hold, dropped out of high school, grew up and has made it to adulthood as a man I am very proud to call my Nephew! Everytime we lose a a fire fighter, a police officer, military personnel, it makes this country just a little less, with a big hole in her heart. Yet, we find young people who are willing to step up and fill that void without being asked. That makes them very special and very dear to me! I many times wish that I would step up and say "Thanks" more often.

One a side note: A good friend of mine and retired sub man, was eating at a local Subway with his Navy cap on. He said a young man of about 19-22 saw him eating and walked silently over; saluted, shook his hand and walked away. Dave said he had to admit to being moved to a teary eyed old sub man.

Dan

My allergies are kicking in...
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 10:10:41 PM »
My sympathy goes out to these fine young men and their family's. There has to be a solution better than a tinfoil tent  :-\

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 11:14:18 PM »
Your prayer and the picture pretty much tells it all. I am having a little problem dealing with what these brave people were dealing with when they knew there was no way out. But they knew what they were facing and chose to to it with pride and honor. Thank you God for those with this strength and courage. Help us remember and honor their memory.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 10:27:07 AM »
Ken,  I believe when one is in a situation like that events move so fast that you don't really have much time, if any,  to know you're going to die.  When they deployed those emergency shelters they most likely believed they were protected as they had always been in their training exercises.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline dawrecknq

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 08:17:06 PM »
TP- All I can say to your post is Amen Brother!

Dan