Author Topic: Birthday Present for Oldest Daughter  (Read 3328 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Birthday Present for Oldest Daughter
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 08:09:25 PM »
Scallywag,  I won't let this turn into a bet but to make two points: 

The Founding Fathers put in Bill of Rights the right to bear arms as to give us protection against our government. The basis of our Constitution is a distrust in our government.  It is designed to restrict the actions of the federal government and give freedom of the individual.

Second.  We have a very different type of population here which is much more violent and less respectful of the law in some sectors that we have to protect ourselves against those who have no respect for others lives and property.

That's sort of all I have to say in a non-political bent.  Now, if this weren't...boy could I sound off!! :) :) ;) ;)

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
Birthday Present for Oldest Daughter
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »
I get the fact that you have some undesirable population that has no respect for anything but their own gain... But something in your constitution to basically shoot your own government if you distrust them.. Glad I live where I do. Crazy taxes and all..
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 08:22:24 PM »
Sounds like a John Wayne movie kinda
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 08:22:40 PM »
No disrespect to the Duke
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »
Sorry if I turned this into a debate.. Not intended
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 09:47:12 PM »
Just my hippie point of view

we have the same view I believe just different decades between us.   you are just a old hippie in a young man's body.  ;)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 10:11:41 PM »
Glad to see the friendly point of views :) Nicely done guys!! I'm a lifetime member of the NRA but that does not mean I don't respect others beliefs and philosophy's :)

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »
After spending 23 years in the Marine Corps, I have come to appreciate living in more peaceful times. Frankly, I have no strength left to defend myself if I had to anyway. I don't mind waiting for the Police to take 2 hours to arrive because I can sign on to LTBBQ and read a few posts and check out some of the outstanding recipes of the day. It's ok to invade my home, rape my wife who is a dish, and kill my pets. I always can get a new wife much younger and a new dog and cat. That's ok, I'm easy.

Oh, I forgot, this is the Republic of Texas. Things are done differently here. Everyone is too busy smoking food in their backyards so the crime levels are low.
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 08:08:49 AM »
Great gift from a great father.  You just made my morning Dee!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 09:00:57 AM »
Dee that is a great gift. Although I do not have a CCW(near impossible to get in California) I am a registered gun owner and lifetime NRA member. I was never raised as a hunter but was raised with weapons in the house. I was taught how to use them and respect them.

I don't bring my weapons out in public unless for target shooting. But if anyone was to break into my home and threaten me or my family I would put them down without hesitation.

Both of my neighbors have been robbed. Both during the day. One was robbed twice in three months. My wife works nights and will be home during the day sleeping sometimes. She does not answer the door.

So here is their M.O. They first knock on the door to see if anyone answers. If they do then they pretend to be looking for someone and leave. If no one answers they hop the back wall, break-in the slider, and make entry. So if they knock and my wife is sleeping then they enter how will she defend herself? Police response time out here can be 10 minutes.

Well at my house she will have a fighting chance instead of being tied up and possibly raped or killed.

This is the main reason why I own a firearm. Not to overthrow our government.

I respect people who choose not to own a firearm. It is their choice. But I don't agree with people who tell me that I cannot. That is my choice and my right.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 09:24:01 AM »

My father was in the police service all of his life so I was around Forearms. I remember almost every Sunday growing up shooting in the range at the police station. (Free bullets) ;D. I am not as active as I used to be but I still own firearms and most if not all of my friends own some type of firearm.

As for shooting deaths in Canada I believe it's around 75% are suicide.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.