Author Topic: I got a call yesterday  (Read 470 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
I got a call yesterday
« Reply #-1 on: July 24, 2013, 11:46:06 AM »
I'm not sure if this is top secret information or not and I won't use any names or locations since we all know the NSA is listening to all phone calls and reading all emails ::) ;).   But I got a call asking me to come out to Texas Thursday to take pictures of  a potentially nefarious group of individuals.  It seems they are coming together somewhere around Houston and going to visit/harass various BBQ establishments within  a 200 mile radius.  It appears these individuals will be mostly from Texas with a smattering of questionable characters from the Southeast.

Since  I was not able to make the trip on such short notice and the lack of photographic skills in the group ::),  I'm not sure of how much, if any, information or coverage we will receive of this sojourn of these BBQ aficionados.  We will have to wait and see what the NSA lets through.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: I got a call yesterday
« on: July 24, 2013, 11:48:35 AM »
Scary  ??? I hope some good stuff gets through!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »
HEY!
I resemble that remark :D

the Mrs and I are in San Antonio today, and tell The Great Hard Shelled one I am at the Menger, and had a cowboy pop at the bar in his honor. ;)

Have a LOT. Of pictures of the trip and of some absolutely outstanding Texas BBQ and the joints we visited.

Will be back in the saddle next week and load it all to the site.
T

BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:22:16 PM »
Since Dee can't make it, there probably won't be any visual evidence of this ever happening.

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 12:35:20 PM »
I received a similar invitation, Dee...sure wish I could make it tomorrow.  Albert would have flown us out there, but I'm still stuck in the office.  Oh, well...

Now with IR2Dum being there, we should get some great pics AND videos.

Heck, CaptJack is no slouch with a camera either.

I guess we'll have to wait till Friday to see what they were up to.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »
Welcome back Tim!  I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip since you left DFW.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS