Author Topic: Our newest video  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Jaxon

Re: Our newest video
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 09:34:07 AM »
David, this was a spontaneous video. I used the little Flip. I had a video of the precooked pork thinking would use just a snapshot (the Flip is good for clipping snapshots out of videos).
When I got ready to taste the pork, I set up my tripod and asked Deb to frame the shot for me.  Then she turned it on and that was it.
When I went to edit the video for YouTube, I  decided to insert that short clip to show how I prepped the skewers.
Most of my videos are spontaneous because I think about posting here at the last minute.

B T W, the smoker review was planned out, but it turned out to be too long and boring.

I prefer the videos simply because they are easier to post than photos.

To the rest of you guy: thanks for your kind words and encouragement.

<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 11:08:54 AM »
Great cook Jack, but where were the ribs?      Bet they were good to  :)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 11:50:08 AM »
Great cook Jack, but where were the ribs?      Bet they were good too :)

Dang...forgot all about posting the ribs.  Seen one - seen 'em all so that's why there are no pics. Besides, they are all gone now.   I'll say this, though, they really turned out.  I smoked 'em at 225 for 2 1/2 hours, then pulled 'em to foil for 1 1/2 hours.  I was afraid of gettin'  'em too smokey - that's why I pulled 'em early.  Howsomever, though there was a nice smoke RING, there wasn't very much smoke FLAVOR. So, next time I'll smoke for 3 hr and see how that works.

B T W, we went back to usin' our favorite sweet rub - a rub that TMB custom mixed for us.  I have been trying to modify Franklin's Texas-style rub (and it is very good), but the combination Tommy mixes REALLY works for us(more like traditional Southern BBQ).  Now, If I can just order in bulk from him...
<><

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
Jaxon the smoke ring is not made from the smoke but from the by-products of combustion. So you can have a smoke ring but very little smoke flavor ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 03:54:10 PM »
Jaxon the smoke ring is not made from the smoke but from the by-products of combustion. So you can have a smoke ring but very little smoke flavor ;)

Dang, Meube, that's why you're my go-to guy...

And if YOU don't know...I can always fall back on Smokeasaurus...and if he doesn't have the answer...somebody will make one up.
<><

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 04:19:13 PM »

Dang, Meube, that's why you're my go-to guy...

And if YOU don't know...I can always fall back on Smokeasaurus...and if he doesn't have the answer...somebody will make one up.

:) :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Patio Cook#1

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 07:31:31 AM »
You're a star!

Offline RAD

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 08:25:58 AM »
video looks and great idea for the tips. I sometimes smoke them and cut-up for baked beans.
Love to cook and eat

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 12:23:37 PM »
Jaxon,

Your video impressed me so much that I also would like to be able to do this. I have an older video recorder about six years old so I went looking for the flip video. I found out that Cisco was leaving the market and they are not going to manufacture any more. Kodak is also doing the same. So I did a search on who makes pocket videos and I found that Samsung is in the market. After researching this, I decided to purchase one of their small versions the model 300 which is quite simple, fits in your pocket, provides HD quality, and is both water proof for undersea video to 16 feet and shock proof. Exactly what I need as a bumbling old man, not that I am going to go into water except for fly fishing when I get this hip repaired. It also comes with its own flotation device so that if you drop it in the water it will float to the surface. Neat. Cool. Whatever. I ordered this through Dell. It should be here on Wednesday.

So you do have a positive influence including your recipe and technique for pork meat on skewer.

I have already thought of many uses for this including sharing with my kids.

Here's a picture of the camera:

Ed

An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
Nice video and great idea Jack. I normally cut off that back piece and the big chunk on the side and smoke them with the St Louis cut ribs and then keep that meat to use later in Brunswick Stew but I can see myself trying this pig on a stick soon.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »
Nice video and great idea Jack. I normally cut off that back piece and the big chunk on the side and smoke them with the St Louis cut ribs and then keep that meat to use later in Brunswick Stew but I can see myself trying this pig on a stick soon.

Remember to pound it down.  Light sprinkle of rub.  Smoke about an hour or until tender.
<><

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2013, 09:27:46 PM »
Ed, I'm lookin' forward to your videos - especially after talking with you on the phone while you were in Lockhart.

You'll be able to teach me a thing or three about that smoker, too.

<><

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 11:10:45 PM »
Ed, I'm lookin' forward to your videos - especially after talking with you on the phone while you were in Lockhart.

You'll be able to teach me a thing or three about that smoker, too.

I wish that I had it in Lockhart. It would have been great to get a short video of their process and the town.

I am going to see if I can play with it for some of the cooks. Where do you upload the video to move into the posting area? Is it photobucket?

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
Ed, I simply upload to my YouTube account.  When I'm ready to post, I include a link to that particular YouTube video.  I can also include the link in my personal emails to my sisters or my kids, or other fiends I know who are not on this forum.

For me, it is much easier to add the link than to try to post individual pictures...and the way I type, it is way yonder easier for me to TELL the story than try to type it.  I near about wear out my "backspace" & "delete" buttons. 
<><