Author Topic: Just had to tell  (Read 1136 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Just had to tell
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 08:00:52 PM »
There's a couple guys where I work that retired several years ago, they just forgot to tell anyone :)

Now - THAT is a good one! :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 08:15:47 PM »
Congrats. I hope to retire from where I'm at.

Mike
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

What he said^^^
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 10:02:42 PM »
Unfortunately, the way things are going, the retirement age will be raised in order to help pay for Social Security and for the fact that in 25 years the cost of living will go up by 400 per cent.

Back in 1970, when I first started to think about retirement and what I would like to have for an income, I thought that $50,000.00 per year when I was 65 would be a good some of money. BS. Today, if you really want to live good, you need $100K with your home paid for.

You young guys ought to think about finding something that will really grow in value like diamonds, emeralds, rubies and saphires along with gold and get your homes paid for. I learned that from my father. The investments he made in the 30's and 40's and 50's really paid big in the 70's and 80's. Everything since then has quadrupled in price. The price of gold today is around $1600.00 per once. When I bought gold, it was 180.00 per once. While I strongly disagree with the politics of this country and its current economic direction vis a vis economic policies that simply do not work, this negative direction has made me and others very comfortable because the U.S. dollar buys less and less everyday. So the demand for precious stones and metals has increased dramatically.

I feel bad for you young guys, because you have a tough road to travel. By 2016, the purchasing power of the dollar will even be lower. You guys need to be pro-active on this situation and find solutions.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.