Author Topic: Augusta is getting some good new stores  (Read 730 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Augusta is getting some good new stores
« Reply #-1 on: August 01, 2013, 08:59:12 AM »
Things are doing well here in Augusta with three new stores coming on board by the end of next year.  Last week Bass Pro and Cabela's announced they would each be opening 50,000 sq ft stores here (their big ones run about 100,000 sq ft but I'm happy for any of them we can get) and this morning Whole Foods announced they will have a store here next year also.  The Cabela's will be next to Costco.  All three of these new stores are on I-20 within about a  four miles stretch so they will be easy to get to.
We have Dick's Sporting Goods, which I don't go in much, an Academy Sports which I go in a lot and now these new ones.  I think we have just about all the bases covered.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Augusta is getting some good new stores
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:11:50 AM »
Dee..your gonna love the Cabelas and Bass Pro. Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Pappymn

Augusta is getting some good new stores
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:27:26 AM »
They broke ground on the smaller Cabela's in my town. Looking forward to it.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:40:17 AM »
I have never seen a place as crowded as Cabela's on a Saturday.  We have two in the DFW metroplex.  I cannot even imagine how insane it would be if there were only one (lots of "suburban rednecks" around DFW  ;D).  I have to admit that I almost never buy anything there though.  I just like to window shop.  Their prices are a bit high (especially on clothing, which are pretty obscene).
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 11:10:07 AM »
dee - Congratulations.  Where there's a combination of Cabela's, BassPro, and Whole Paycheck Whole Foods, sidewalks and streetlights can't be more than a couple of years away.

billy - I wish you hadn't told me about "obscene" clothing at Cabela's.  I'm now stuck with a visual of "suburban rednecks" in camouflage lingerie.  It ain't pretty.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 12:55:40 PM »
Turtle,  There's rumors that sometime in the future we will have these electronic things we set on top our orange crates we use to write on and  that we will able to take pictures and send through these here machines to other people.  Personally, I think it's a pipe dream and will never happened.  Probably the idea of someone in the Islands drinking some overly fermented coconut juice.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 01:28:08 PM »
We don't have Academy, but from what I see here, I wish we did! I do shop on line with them.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 02:42:19 PM »
Agree on Academy.  Even my wife likes it there.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 06:23:34 PM »
I really like Academy Sports.   We now have two in the area.  The second is in Akin, SC about 15 miles away from Augusta.

David,  we'll have to make sure you get a trip to AS when you are at the Gathering.

Dee

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 07:08:58 PM »
I know someone who used to work at Cabelas. Oh yeah and its their biggest store  ;D
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 11:44:10 PM »
I really like Academy Sports.   We now have two in the area.  The second is in Akin, SC about 15 miles away from Augusta.

David,  we'll have to make sure you get a trip to AS when you are at the Gathering.

Dee

Dee, That will be great! Thanks!

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #