Author Topic: Pit Barrel Cooker Review  (Read 7166 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Pit Barrel Cooker Review
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 08:48:46 AM »
Jay you think you can put that review over in the PBC section here?

It has great information about the altitude and air vent position.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline jabby

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 10:13:52 AM »
Was reading that yesterday as I eagerly await delivery of mine (Saturday). Very well done!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 10:35:36 AM »
Was reading that yesterday as I eagerly await delivery of mine (Saturday). Very well done!
Dinner Saturday night is going to be excellent! Post pics.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline jabby

Re: Re: Pit Barrel Cooker Review
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 11:09:04 AM »
Has anybody cooked a steak or hamburgers on the grill grate in the PBC? I wonder if it will sear a steak or a burger.

Mike

I'm thinking of trying this for my first cook. Burgers for lunch, then pork for dinner. Might as well use the coals!

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »
Has anybody cooked a steak or hamburgers on the grill grate in the PBC? I wonder if it will sear a steak or a burger.

Mike

I'm thinking of trying this for my first cook. Burgers for lunch, then pork for dinner. Might as well use the coals!

Be sure to try chicken pretty quick... you'll never want to cook it another way... just sayin'  ;) ;D
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 12:14:26 PM »
It is a great review . can't get this one in south Africa ,i will have to build one if i want one. ;)

We do in fact ship internationally, we have shipped to Italy, Spain, Iceland, and Afghanistan. Shipping would be at least $130.00 to give you a ball park :) Just wanted to let you know that the option is out there. Thank you! Amber PBC Co.

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »

Mike

Hey Mike, I think I emailed you on this, or maybe it was a coincidence that another Mike emailed us the same question. Let me know. Thank you and have a great day!  Amber PBC Co.

Offline PrinceofQ32178

• Greenville, SC
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 04:54:25 PM »
Jay you think you can put that review over in the PBC section here?

It has great information about the altitude and air vent position.

I noticed Amber made a post today with links to all the reviews people have done on the PBC including a link to mine. (http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=5738.0 I want to make sure I don't post anything on here that I'm not aloud to post since I'm a newer member to the forum. ;) I've been told by Tim to make sure I didn't do any promoting of my site, which I definitely don't plan on doing.

jabby....Enjoy your new PBC! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your cooks!

I'm glad you guys liked my review and thank you for all the kind words! I'm enjoying my PBC and my favorite thing to cook in it is chicken. Some good eats for sure!

Thanks again!
Jay
• Lg Grill Dome • Jr. Akorn • GMG DB • GMG DC • Char-Broil GRILL2GO X200 • Cook-Air • Element Portable • OptiGrill • Napoleon Kettle Grill • 14.5 WSM • Weber Genesis Silver B •

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »
Hey Prince, I am not T, so take my comments with a bushel of salt. However, a review of a cooking device or advice - is not in my mind an ad for your site. I appreciate the information and suggestions and hope you will keep posting. I am betting you can easily decide what is and what isn't appropriate! Thanks for being here!
Member #

Offline txpops

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 05:04:15 PM »

Mike

Hey Mike, I think I emailed you on this, or maybe it was a coincidence that another Mike emailed us the same question. Let me know. Thank you and have a great day!  Amber PBC Co.

Yes that was me. Thanks for the quick reply.

Original Bradley smoker w/dual element mod
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil Beesr
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
Nice review.  Saw a good one on You Tube as well. 
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline PrinceofQ32178

• Greenville, SC
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 06:13:23 PM »
Nice review.  Saw a good one on You Tube as well.

Thanks! :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

• Lg Grill Dome • Jr. Akorn • GMG DB • GMG DC • Char-Broil GRILL2GO X200 • Cook-Air • Element Portable • OptiGrill • Napoleon Kettle Grill • 14.5 WSM • Weber Genesis Silver B •