Author Topic: Basic PBC Questions  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Re: Basic PBC Questions
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 11:57:59 PM »
Hi Jabby, There is no company out there that provides customer service like us, please take advantage of it. We are here to help, and want you to be successful with every cook. If your food is coming out less than awesome than something is not right, I noticed that you mentioned that you may have left the lid on after lighting the coals. Always leave the lid off for the 15-20 minutes, otherwise you will extinguish the coals. Please read the instructions included and check out the videos, if these are followed step by step you should have amazing results. The last thing that we want is for someone to have several cooks that come out less than perfect before they make a call to us. You will absolutely love your PBC and I think you are well on your way :)  Thank you again, PBC Co. Amber our direct line is 303-249-9069.

Offline jabby

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 06:27:39 AM »
Hi Amber, I appreciate the customer service you offer but just wanted to see who wanted to chat about it here. It's easier for me to use the forum (and frankly more interesting when I have some down time at work).

I look at the PBC as something to make great food but also a new hobby. I'd like to cook every weekend and so I want to learn as many details as possible. I should probably make better use of the older threads in the forum because it sounds like some of this knowledge already exist.

Offline Tinnmel

• Portsmouth, VA
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »
Previously I posted how I save  what's left of my coals after cooking.  Well here are pictures to go with it.  I wear heavy leather gloves to take out the coal basket with the coals still burning, then I dump them into a cheap old pot I have.  Put that up on my chimnea and cover with a clay potting dish that I use as a lid for the chimnea.  You can cover with any lid that will withstand the heat,  but I do recommend having somewhere to put the pot without scorching your grass or deck.  The coals extinguish, and after they cool, I put them back into the coal basket.  Take that into the yard and shake it a bit and the ash will fall off the coals and out of the basket.  Then I save the coals that are left for the next cook.  Here's a pic of the pot covered and one of the extinguished coals before shaking off the ash.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:57:48 PM by Tinnmel »