Author Topic: Black Strap BBQ, Montreal  (Read 814 times)

Offline Ghislain

Black Strap BBQ, Montreal
« Reply #-1 on: June 12, 2014, 08:50:07 PM »
We've been laughing for a while at the name of this restaurant before we finaly decided to give it a try. It's a very small place, maybe 30 seats.

I ordered half ribs and half chicken breast and to accompany this I chose the fried mac and cheese (I'm not sure about it, but I think they might got their inspiration from Epic Meal Time, or Epic Meal Time got it from them...).

I took one cup of each BBQ sauce, one normal, the other spicy. We took it to go.

Once we did arrive at my friends house, we were all deceived at the size of our meal. They only gave us two ribs... so you might feel my pain.

But the sauce was delicious!!!!! I still have regrets that I did not take 3 cups of the normal sauce, because the spicy one was very too spicy. It was the very first time I tried a fried mac and cheese and I have to say it was also very good, once again the portion was kind of small for me, but the taste of the meal was worth it.

Anyways, if ever you come in Montreal one day, I'd suggest you to try this place, and don't forget the sauce!!

I new here and still don't know if we can post links so I will politely write it in text blackstrapbbq(.)ca

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
Black Strap BBQ, Montreal
« on: June 12, 2014, 09:55:24 PM »
Sounds like good dinner.. Please give your review on Rubens on St.Catherine St... Best smoked meat sandwich I have ever had!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Black Strap BBQ, Montreal
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 01:42:01 AM »
I haven't been to Montreal in a while, but will certainly put this place on my list for next time! Thanks for the review.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 03:03:19 AM »
Thanks for the review. I wish you had posted this a few weeks ago when I was in Montreal. I will try to remember that next year when I get up there.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 03:10:55 AM »
Sounds like good times.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »
Im pretty sure links are OK it you arent trying to sneak in your own advertising and spamming.Thanks for posting.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 05:33:01 PM »
I'm sure that links of this nature <a href="http://blackstrapbbq.ca/">Black Strap BBQ</a> are okay.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Ghislain

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »
Sounds like good dinner.. Please give your review on Rubens on St.Catherine St... Best smoked meat sandwich I have ever had!

I never been there but I certainly will!!

I don't know if you've ever went to Schwartz but theis smoked meat sandwiches are also very good, actually they are almost legendary, everybody in Montreal and nearby cities knows what it is. I did not went there since René Angélil and Céline Dion bought the restaurant, but I guess they did not want to change anything to their famous recipe.