Author Topic: First brisket flat came out good using Slow N Sear  (Read 3023 times)

Offline 70monte

Re: First brisket flat came out good using Slow N Sear
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 06:34:21 PM »
The meat does look good and if it tasted good, then that is all that matters.  Is there any benefit of using the kettle and the SnS over the Open Range?

Wayne

For something like a brisket I don't know of any real benefit to using the kettle/SnS over the Open Range. Brisket is a long cook so basically dialing in the temp like we can do with the Open Range and not having to fool with it or add more fuel gives it the edge in my opinion. Maybe others can jump in here and give us their thoughts.

The kettle/SnS is hard to beat for chicken. Really easy to get the temp up to 375-425, toss on a little wood for smoke and get it done in 45 minutes or so. I did 10 thighs yesterday and they were super good. I've also done spatchcock chicken and pork tenderloin. Pork tenderloin was outstanding and didn't take too long. Think I did it at 250-275. Also have used it for reverse sear steaks. Great results.

For long cooks I'm going to use the Open Range and kettle/SnS for most other things.  Hope this helps.

Ron

Thanks for the info.  I've only used my SNS once so far and that was to reverse sear some Filet Mignon.  It did turn out good.  I just need to play around some more with it.
Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall