Author Topic: Broasted Chicken and a sample Beer from Sandman  (Read 612 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Broasted Chicken and a sample Beer from Sandman
« Reply #-1 on: May 26, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »
This may not belong here but then Sandman’s Beer & Wine Depot is one other cooker for us! Besides having a good choice of beer at the carry out they have some great food! They have the best chicken and pizza in town along with some good sandwiches and sides.

Whenever I want some crispy skin fried chicken; it is broasted chicken from Sandman’s, crispy skin and tender chicken without being greasy! Every Sunday he has 8 pieces of chicken for $6.50; it’s 2 each breasts, thighs, legs, and wings, you can’t beat that. We get pizzas a lot on Wednesdays when he has a special on their 14 inch pizzas.

When I went through to stock up on beer for the Memorial Day week-end Sandman gave me a Goose Island Summer Ale to try. I saved it for Sunday when we got his broasted chicken for dinner. It was a little hoppy for me but a good fresh taste.

Our daughter got home about supper time Saturday. We had chicken tacos and some left over rice. Our daughter in law and grandson came Sunday for supper. It was the broasted chicken from Sandman’s. The DIL did not want chicken so I made some blue crab salad for lettuce wraps. The crab salad was a pint of crab meat, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, onions, salt and pepper. I had some Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle and Old Bay seasoning at the table. It needed either one and could have had some acid like lemon juice too. I ate one with some good shakes of Cholula chili lime sauce on that was good.

The holiday is over now and I did not have to cook much so just enjoyed being with the family.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Broasted Chicken and a sample Beer from Sandman
« on: May 26, 2015, 01:57:12 PM »
Man, that looks great!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 01:59:10 PM »
mm mmm yeah that looks good!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
That looks really good Don!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch