Author Topic: No grill weekend...  (Read 3225 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Re: No grill weekend...
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 08:58:19 AM »
 The upside - many tournaments are near lakes - will bring my fly rod and see if I can catch a few for later in the week... :) Thanks for the inspiration!
[/quote]
 I remember those softball days... They were fun when it wasn't all day. Two trips to the ER...Broken finger( I told her not to put her finger on top of that glove)... 
 The other was when a ball hit the inside of her leg right at her knee, The crack was so loud the entire stands gasp and went silent. She hit the ground. Luckily it just caused a bad bruise (on the opposite side of her leg).
 As for fly fishing , its something I have not done much of. But I need to get practicing. I am going to Colorado in August and planing a day of just that.
 Tell Emma the kabobs look good and I wish her luck on the field.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: No grill weekend...
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 04:15:27 PM »
The upside - many tournaments are near lakes - will bring my fly rod and see if I can catch a few for later in the week... :) Thanks for the inspiration!
I remember those softball days... They were fun when it wasn't all day. Two trips to the ER...Broken finger( I told her not to put her finger on top of that glove)... 
 The other was when a ball hit the inside of her leg right at her knee, The crack was so loud the entire stands gasp and went silent. She hit the ground. Luckily it just caused a bad bruise (on the opposite side of her leg).
 As for fly fishing , its something I have not done much of. But I need to get practicing. I am going to Colorado in August and planing a day of just that.
 Tell Emma the kabobs look good and I wish her luck on the field.
[/quote]

That had to be one of those times when time seems to stop, I am glad she was ok!

LOL I remember too many ER trips - between sports and general clumsiness, I was convinced the social services people would be knocking on my door!

Good luck in Colorado - beautiful place to fish with a fly - please share pictures!

I will tell Emma what you said - Thank you!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #