Author Topic: Steak Fingers, Fried Green Tomatoes & Cheesy Cauliflower  (Read 955 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Steak Fingers, Fried Green Tomatoes & Cheesy Cauliflower
« Reply #-1 on: June 22, 2016, 10:58:14 PM »
Jun 22 2016

With the threat of rain and storms I cooked inside tonight. It worked better for the meal anyway.
I had some sirloin from my butcher, some Tennessee green tomatoes and a head of cauliflower.
One tomato was about too ripe but the other was just right. I like a mix of red and green in the tomato for frying. I think you get a little of the sweet and the sour.

The tomatoes I breaded early to set up in the fridge. I dipped them in flour, egg wash and crushed Townhouse crackers. The cauliflower I cleaned and broke into florets and in a greased casserole dish. I wanted Campbell’s cheddar cheese on them but didn’t have any. I had a can of their Fiesta Nacho Cheese and that would have to do. I poured over the cauliflower and mixed to coat. I added a couple handfuls of shredded cheddar. I covered and baked for an hour at 350 deg. After 35 minutes I added some buttered cracker crumbs and left the lid off.

I heated up two skillets on med. high. I cut the sirloin into strips, seasoned with Pappy’s Choice and dusted with a little flour. I sprayed the skillet with some olive oil and did the steak strips about 3 minutes per side.

For the tomatoes I added olive oil to cover the bottom of the skillet and 3 pats of butter. I fried them 3 to 4 minutes per side.

The steak fingers were very tender and seasoned right. Our first fried green tomatoes this summer was great. The cauliflower was good but what the wife and I liked was using some of the sauce added to a bite of tomato! I think my next fried green tomatoes will be served with some Nacho cheese sauce.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
That works for me Don..good cook..love fried green maters. Haven't seen any here yet.    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Steak Fingers, Fried Green Tomatoes & Cheesy Cauliflower
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 10:00:15 AM »
Yum yum yum plate me some!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Steak Fingers, Fried Green Tomatoes & Cheesy Cauliflower
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 10:12:26 AM »
Keep on plating Don...The Smoke just got in line
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32